Internet please
Hello my dear forest animals!
Just wanted to post something I feel strongly about and if you don't agree with me, I am firstly going to apologise - we are all humans and we all have different opinions on different things; this is just my take on it.
It's the same way some people support Amos Yee - and for me, I don't but you don't see me hurling dog poo on the Amos Yee supporters. Everyone has their opinion and yes you can voice it out, I feel, provided if you have a valid reasoning behind it.
If you guys haven't heard, Singaporean blogger Juli - or bunbun as we know from her blog bunbunmakeuptps has been very much under a huge limelight for a recent dayre post she wrote about her friend's wedding. New headlines read of how she has scathingly posted live updates about the wedding, offering "less than pleasant reviews" (according to this http://women.asiaone.com/women/people/singapore-blogger-posts-live-scathing-updates-friends-wedding website) for the whole world to see.
And of course, the whole world blows this up to proportion. (okay fine im exaggerating a little)
I am not a dedicated fan of Juli, but I've read her blogs and she's a really decent blogger - especially how she bravely posted up many pictures of her nasty acne breakout for the world to see, that really takes courage to be honest - also not even slamming the beauty salon that caused her the terrifying breakout.
All these rude comments left on facebook, on the articles, (on stomp ugh) about how everyone is now criticizing Juli and how ugly/disgusting/asking her husband to divorce her - people are sure creative on talking about a blogger whom they don't really know about huh.
If you search for her on google, it's all articles about how shes rude and mean - people remarking on how bitchy she is and commenting on how her husband "is blind for marrying such a hideous woman" - how did it even get to that.
I am not saying she's right for posting all the things she did. I'm not saying she should be praised for such either - but man you people have to tone it down. She made a mistake, for the internet, as funny as it is, is a double edged sword - words are power here, especially since she is a rather known blogger - but she honestly doesn't deserve this much flak.
Welcome to the internet, where what your post is here forever to stay! (if people actually read this)
Internet please, enough is enough. I'm sure as heck she learnt her lessons so can we please stop being so mean to her as well? I've seen more than 5 facebook posts on how she's so ugly or how she should go to hell - with mean and rude scathing comments left for the blogger - aren't you doing what she did?
She shouldn't have done that, and it ultimately still IS very disrespectful and superficial - but I feel we are blowing this out of context. As human beings, we all have particular opinions we wish to express, often to close friends, whispering and giggling about it then leaving it as that. We all have things we want to say and I believe Juli didn't mean it in such a rude and uncouth way - what she was doing was just penning down her thoughts, unsuspecting the vicious out-lash that would be coming her way.
Your comments or remarks about how ugly she is - isn't helping anyhow! Calling her husband out for marrying her has absolutely nothing to do with what is going on! I think it's time we stopped the name calling, if you want to scold her, (really though, it doesn't matter to you unless you are strongly distressed about the matter) do it politely please. It's a lot of miscommunication and mistakes made but there is absolutely no need to diss her off to an extent of telling her to kill herself.
With that note, I bid you all a goodnight!
xoxo
evelyn



0 comments