HELP THE INTERNET IS SCARY

Hello my lil forest friends!
THIS IS A LITTLE RANT SORRY

Do you guys ever feel as we live in a shit hole? Honestly, I'm not trying to be a wee special snowflake that's maniacally shrieking for attention or neither do I think that I'm better than everyone (because let's face it, we all know I think I'm the shittest soft poop)

I know this sounds absolutely uncalled for - but I really am in a mess wondering what the world has come to: I've seen the most horrendous news and I'm just reeling in disgust at the things that has happened in the recent turn of events. I know it's the future and I know technology has improved our lives ten fold but I feel slightly worried at the things that I am seeing online.

Of course, technology and it's advancements have become increasingly efficient for us to use - we are now smarter in terms of development or we definitely have more knowledge/information easily attainable to anyone: I'm saying ANYONE.

The Chinese saying 'frog in the well' - you know the frog who lives in the well and doesn't go out to see the world as it is, being content in the well, feels like something distant now with the net, but in my opinion, somedays, I really just want to turn a blind eye to these shit news I see online.

Shit news? You ask, where?

I can pull up at least 10-20 sites filled with ludicrous information for you to see. Ever heard of Stomp? Yes, it's entertaining, but really, do we need to know how a woman accidentally sent nude snap-chats to her boss instead of her boyfriend? Really?

Every time I want to feel depressed, I just need to head to stomp.

Also, do you feel validated to just share news like cat murders and such - because even as guilty as I am when I scroll past those links, I don't. I honestly feel just utterly horrible because I don't want to read it in fear that I might cry or smth - I get so damn guilty and guilt trip myself into going back and sharing the post because I don't want to seem like some dick who scrolled past a "SHARE THIS PLEASE" post.

I don't want to sound like a wuss pants but you don't see the problem I have? I honestly don't mind sharing lost dog/cat posts but I just can't help myself when I see "CAT HOMOCIDE" and I just want to shut my fb and not go there for a while.

Perhaps I'm being petty - I'm sorry, I really do feel bad about news like such but I don't want to share it. If someone close to you died and the whole world started sharing about his/her death, would you honestly be compelled to share it? I know it sounds like it's two completely different topics but I really am terrified to see news online nowadays.

Be it something as stupid as "Girl looks completely different after taking off makeup! Please share!" and seeing comments talking about 'oh girls are all like that, they lie to you about their appearances', once more, making me feel as if I should never step into the world of media.

Sharing is not caring sometimes.

I would like to add the fact that the internet is terrifying because now you can stalk people 24/7 non stop and obtain easy information about said person if their profiles aren't privated or walled up enough - I am just petrified somedays to even unprivate my twitter/instagram.

It's honestly terrifying.

Trying to be someone online, it makes me horrified to post up vlogs somedays because I'm scared that people will stalk me (dont say im overthinking, shit like that has happened before) and then people accuse me of being unfriendly or unsociable.

Well, generally, I am unsociable, unimpressed and annoyed 90% of the time.

Back to the point of this all - as we evolve through technology, don't you think at the same time we are devolving? What is social etiquette online? The keyboard warriors/trolls they hole themselves in their rooms and just develop this arrogance selfish complex that really displeases me.

All this throwing shade onto others and blaming people for "NOT SHARING" posts - imagine if you didn't even have internet! Are you going to go out there on the streets holding a newspaper and screaming at people to SHARE PLS WOMAN LOOKS TEN TIMES DIFFERENT WITHOUT MAKEUP.

Where am I going with this? I don't know.

ALSO, I might like to add on; I have no hate against other youtubers honestly, I love that they are taking their ideas and doing such - but haven't you noticed a SURGE of local youtubers just posting up a lot of boobs in their thumbnails and attracting quite a lot of weird male attention?

We all know the media and it's face value but honestly, I feel, like the news these days, youtube videos are purely aesthetics and farce - save a few - thank you to those few ones, you are a blessing in disguise. Perhaps it's not my humour, maybe it's the majority, but doesn't that just give you a very superficial personality in numbers?

Click bait videos/news are getting on my nerves somedays.

xoxo
evelyn

You Might Also Like

0 comments