Bing Go Jung Korean Dessert House
Hello my forest animals!
You guys all know how the latest trend is Bingsu - ya'll know about that korean icy treat that definitely livens up the sweltering hot weathers of Singapore by coolin' you down? (wow that's a irony) I, for one, am honestly not a huge fan of ice cream in general (don't kill me pls) but I do love me a chilly treat after a long hot shoot.
I mean in the end - we're just all craving for some expensive ice kachang, amirite?
So when me and Sam finished up our short lookbook shoot; we found an awesome lil hidden gem at Gulliemard road and decided to have an impromptu ice cream dessert - honestly, I've been spending a lot on food recently halph.


excuse the blur look, i was derping out hardcore
Headed into the amazingly quiet cosy Bing Go Jung Korean Dessert House, surprisingly empty on a Monday evening. Quite surprised at the prices because the last few bingsu places I went to sold their rather large bowls at a much higher price (it's either that or just me)
Sat down and just marvelled at how cosy the entire atmosphere was - it's got that Korean 'feel' to it actually - I should know, I examine every Pinocchio scene where Lee Jong Suk freaking eats his damn bingsu that looks so good all the time ugh.



Ordered a Matcha Bingsu ($11) and they handed us this lil device (lil beeper), but we didn't need to wait for long because the Bingsu came just a few moments later!

Generously topped with red beans, nuts and cereal PLUS MATCHA ICE CREAM - for such a big bowl, it's truly worth it's price. Honestly, the last time I ordered something this huge, it cost me like $16 or something.


The matcha bingsu came along with condensed milk, and I must say it can even do without it because it's really sweet! I love how the cereal and nuts taste amazing alongside the ice cream! One thing I realised though, the ice isn't as fine as other places but it's not much of a bigger for me - afterall it's all still shaved ice.

I love love love how the Bingsu has matcha powder mixed with ice inside the entire creation - so when you dig in, you can see the lovely core of pretty colours!


I'm personally not a fan of red bean, but it's really delicious alongside the entire Bingsu! Why does matcha always go with red beans tho (i need to google it out one day)


My verdict?
7/10
Perhaps for me, the ice was not as fine as the other places I've eaten Bingsu at - it's not powdery and fine but more crunchy and ice kachangy, but the price for such a big bowl is truly worth the visit. They have many other flavours to choose as well as waffles/pancakes/toasts!
Overall it fares as above average for me - I love the fact that it's beside a korean bbq as well lol, so you can hop over there for a tasty savoury treat.


102 Guillemard Road #01-01, Singapore 399719 (Mountbatten MRT)Opening Hours: 12pm – 11pm Daily
Well that's all folks for today! Stay tuned for more blog posts and check out my channel on youtube for more videos every friday!
xoxo
evelyn




0 comments