All about contact lenses!
Hey there what's up my fellow thugs!!
The past week has been a definite horror story for me so I didn't go around much. I was moping lol. BUT HEY, I'm here again and hopefully you guys still stick to this blog even though it's really mostly nothing much at the moment.
Honestly I'm not a contact lens kinda person, I like my glasses a lot actually if I could I would go with it, but sometimes it gets a little irritating, like when I have to put on my skin essentials from NIK's and it gets a little oily so my glasses fall (I HATE THAT) down my nose bridge and its bloody annoying omg.
Some days I just feel like putting my contact lenses on so that's that.
It took me a long time to finally stuff the contacts into my eyeballs because I started out being really mortified by many news on how contact lenses are horrible and will screw up your eyes and I mean you only have one pair of eyes and there is no way you can get robotic ones anytime soon so I was pretty scared at first.
The first time I had contacts on was when about like 5 of my secondary school friends had to be in the room and trying to stuff them in and when I tried to take it out, I couldn't and I FREAKED MY SHIT. Thank god for my mom.
It took me a whole lot of research and courage to finally stuff a pair after a dang long time. The first pair were these one day lenses from the optometrist which were grey and brown - I can't remember the brand but I was super excited that very day I managed to put it in and take it out easily. Thank you google and youtube! Research research research! I made sure I understood all the intricate details about contact lenses (how it doesn't actually go behind your eyes, most probably at your eyelid).
Of course I had to take note of how to take care of your lenses; wash your hands, make sure everything is clean and good to go, don't use expired contacts, wash and clean your contacts with disinfectant. Always remember that whatever is on your contact lenses is ultimately going to be put into your eyes so take care of it, don't be lazy. If your eye gets infected, it spells doom.
No matter what people tell you, don't ever fucking sleep in your contacts or use it if it dries up on accident. Luck doesn't fall on your side too often and it's not hygienic: lens care is the most important part, if you cannot do so, don't even think about getting contact lenses.
NEVER OVERWEAR YOUR LENSES. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Generally, you should avoid wearing your lenses for more than eight hours a day. Wearing your lenses for the entire day can actually ruin your eyesight. Nonsense for you to wear it to sleep as well, why do you need it when your eyes are closed?!
First grey lenses that I got too excited I didn't want to put the second one on lol.
Unfortunately, my eyes got really dry really quick, so I wore each of these for less than an hour. I can't recall what brand these were but I remembered me just getting pretty annoyed at how dry they were in my eyes. I have sensitive everything ugh.
Decided to give another brand a go. Circle lenses are the in thing especially for cosplaying (which initially sparked my interest of wearing contacts) and the lenses that were highly raved for being affordable and good were this brand called Luxury Babe Lenses. I bought one without degrees just to give it a go.
SAY HELLO TO MY FAVOURITE LENSES OF ALL TIME. Luxury Babe Lens 39, these lenses are designless and basically is just a really nice touch because of the dark irises on the contacts that really make your eyes POP. They come in many colours, now even black lol, but it's one of my favourites because it's so DAMN COMFORTABLE. Honestly I can't even explain how comfy it was for me wearing it for the first time!
I DID NOT EVEN FEEL AS IF I WAS WEARING ANYTHING.
It was just extremely nice to wear. Honestly really pretty in real life and in photographs.
Here's a little fun fact:
Everyone's irises and eyeballs come in different shapes and sizes and it DOES affect on what kind on contact lenses you wear. I have a larger rounder eyeball that basically *unfortunately* blocks out the colours in some lenses that I wear.
"WHAAAAAT?" You say, "ARE YOU SURE?" Honestly yes I'm sure and as sure as I can be because I can wear the same type of lenses as my cousin/friends and I can see colours and their's and mine's just a sad brown dot. I find this problem especially with multiple design lenses; half the time you can't see the colour or design.
The shade of blue and grey are barely visible sometimes you'd think I'm wearing a pair of black lenses. Only under strong light/flash or if I look to the left/right then will you actually see the colour of the lenses that I am wearing. The fact that my eyes are rounders and bigger, and the deep hazel affects the colour and design so I have to be a bit more picky with my lenses.
Don't believe me?
HERE'S THE EVIDENCE:
LUXURY BABE LENS 33!

Wow such mystical blue so blue so nice

That's it I'm sold.
BUT

This is me wearing luxury babe 33, do you see any blue? I had to spam the brightness and even sharpen and try to deepen the blue for this to happen. When I first wore it, I was completely dunked. YOU CHEAT MY FEELINGS. It was pretty dark and you can barely see the design (not that I wanted the design)
I realised perhaps my eyes were too dark and the designs were basically just covering the blue of the contact lenses. They looked really blue in the box but when I wore it, it was just dull and dark.
Still not convinced? Let's go for another round!
LUXURY BABE LENS 03!

holy cow I want these lenses!

wow much bright and blue and light!
BUT
Incredibly, I felt completely cheated again. The blue was brilliant in the lens box but it was completely DARK BLUE WHEN I WORE IT. I could barely even see any blue. It was that smack in my face black brown dot.
BUT HOW? I wondered. Was it the designs? Was it the colour? The thing was, my cousin had worn the SAME blue lenses before and it really WAS BLUE. Striking blue that was pretty much obvious smack in your face whilst mine was "if you squint close to my face you can see".
THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO LOOK GORGEOUS IN BLUE LIKE THIS LINK HERE.

why u no blue?
I realised it WAS ME. Not the lenses, not the designs but my freaking eyeball. I wasn't suited to blue because of the colour clash and the size, it was unfortunately, not my colour to shove around (sad face) I have darker irises and lesser whites of my eyes henceforth certain designs and colours don't fit me too well.
Well if anything I guess you can say blue lenses on me probably just look like I'm wearing my luxury 21 lenses which are basically just black.
Certain colours don't show off too much as well, such as the lighter colours like pink or grey. You can see them but half the time they just look like a black dot or a slightly lighter shade of brown. Like my luxury lens 18 which are honestly pretty as heck especially on other people but looks like crappy poo on me. (MY COUSIN WORE IT AND IT WAS SUPER GREY IN HER EYES)
FLASH!
The only thing that brings out the grey.
I had to stick with deeper/darker irises kinda of lenses. The deeper the colour, the better, especially for the browns. If I wanted coloured eyes, I had to go for the designs which have a darker iris circle; so basically it was trial and error for me.
I tried out Luxury Babe Lens 20! Their colours are deep set and they have a pretty dark iris ring so I gave it and try and tada! You can definitely see the difference and the fact that it's actually a brown! Without editing the brightness or the sharpness, Luxury 20 was a good fit for me!
UNEDITED
VS EDITED
As you can tell, I've been a huge FAN of luxury lens series: I've done reviews on my lenses before and I'll continue to do so when I have the time. These lenses are really REALLY comfortable, no joke, I can wear them for 6 hours max (i have dry eyes) before my eyes start to get a little tired out.
The designs are limitless, they have the nicest prettiest designs and they are very affordable. Honestly you can find them on blogshops/instashops from $5 and even lower (of course do your research before you buy from people).
If you guys want to know where I get my lenses, I frequent FloralKittyCouture, Kittyfoxes, exquisitelens and quite recently, pentalux (whom I just ordered from like a day ago or something) on Instagram. They have a lot of good reviews and so far all my lenses that I ordered are good to go!
Go check them out if you are interested in buying some for yourself!
Of course, I'll do a more detailed review on each of these lenses when I have the time (since I really don't like to wear contacts that often lol)
Till then, stay cool y'all.
xoxo
evelyn



2 comments