21

21st (PART ONE)

It's been awhile since I've blogged! 


Sorry this post is a little bit late because I really did not have time to post whilst my Malaysia cousins came by for visit last week! Stoked and sad that they are home now but we will soon reunite! *wink* Will post about their trip sooner or later, but for now, here's a little recap of what I did for my 21st birthday weeks ago haha.

Before I continue, I would really like to take the people who have spent the day with me even though I wasn't in the party mood (you'll know soon enough why) but thank you so much for every thing from the presents to the birthday wishes. Sincerely grateful for all and I have not finished my birthday celebration because I have a hotel celebration coming up soon AND I HAVE TO USE MY COUPON BEFORE IT EXPIRES.

DISGRESSING.

All these 21 years, I have lived a rollar coaster ride of literal madness. I made a family thanking video so don't say I'm not grateful for them, I did that weeks ago and I don't really want to post any family stuff here but lest you people think I'm a spoiled brat, if anything; my 21 years were the best because of my family. So thank you my dearest parents, brothers, cousins and aunts/uncles/ah mas. Doubt you will read my blog but I've already thanked you all so much in the video. (MICHELLE, KIMBERLY I HAVE NOT SHOWN YOU THE VIDEO YET, REMIND ME IF YOU SEE THIS.)

For this post it's more dedicated to the friends I've made and stayed with me all these years. You can stop smiling now, Joy. You know who I'm talking about. My 21 years were made with shit tons of drama mama crap and the most saddest of stories to the happiest of laughters because of you, my dearest sister twin thing woman. We've yet to celebrate the birthday together (BECAUSE WE BOTH WERE TOO NERVOUS AND MOODY) so I can't wait to spend one day with you soon. Maybe we should celebrate your 21 with mine haha.

THANK YOU FRIENDS, you should know who I'm talking about. You are amazing and thank you for all your wishes and love. Support and what not that you have given me throughout my poly years. sec years and childhood shit. I'm not one for mushy stuff so I won't go on, I might cry.

SO

Thank you Sam and Azman for celebrating the day with me although there wasn't much planned because I don't believe much in birthday celebrations but eh, why not since I've skipped about 8 years of not celebrating it.  Dearest best friend dog, you are the best. Thank you for everything as well, your sincere gift filled with love and guidance - you just being you.

Anyway, my 21st started out actually having macs at night with Azman because he decided to ton after bowling too late. It's the most adorable thing actually but the damn mac must have caused my throat to lose it's shit so bittersweet start I suppose.


Woke up late because I was tired as shit and sashayed out in my favourite dress to d'good cafe! Remember that time when it was Jed's birthday? Yep. I decided to get over there and get my giant frappe fix as well as brunch with Sam & Azman. D'good cafe is damn empty in the weekday mornings so if you want to go there, try going on a weekday morning - it's so peaceful!


Met Azman up at the third floor and got surprised with the most adorkable balloon in the entire universe when Samuel arrived! AND IT'S A CAT AND I LOVE CATS HOMG I probably was calm that day at the table (and confused) but internally my love for cats had exploded so much so I was speechless. I MEAN A HELIUM KITTY THAT I SAW ON THAT YOUTUBE VIDEO WITH THAT OTHER KITTY my mind is going nuts rn, please forgive me. I'm just flabbergasted at the thought of buying me this and for sure, you have stunned me, Sam. Well done.

It's right now releasing gas at my cupboard and if anyone has any idea how to refill air inside, please tell me. It's very sad rn.


So standard order. You can already guess. All the times I've been to d'good cafe I've always ordered my egg bendicts - honestly their eggs benny: 100 marks all the time. The egg is poached to perfection, the hollandise sauce not too sour, that tinge of vinegar and the salad that tastes like heaven. The entire set never fails to please me so I say thumbs up one of the BEST eggs benedicts I've ever tasted.

Good enough to compete with cedele as well.


AND OF COURSE, let's not forget what I came here for. THE GIANT FRAPPE. If you don't know, d'good cafe has a special birthday surprise for whoever spends their birthday at the cafe - you get to buy a large size frappe and THEY UPGRADE IT TO GIANT SIZED FOR FREE. Apparently you have to buy a meal to get it now, so I got myself a little earl grey cheesecake and we bought the green tea frappe and had our polaroid taken by the staff! If you want to know more, just check out my old blog post on d'good cafe!


Giggled like hell because Azman always looks like the birthday boy in our pictures.


I'd say though, the peppermint one tastes better because the green tea one has a LOT of cream. (maybe that's why my nose and throat has been blocked for days now.) 

I quoth this picture: "THY JED  HAS NO FRAPPE"


Their earl grey cheesecake is top notch - it's so soft and creamy, melts in your mouth! It's basically heaven if you love tea and cake. The combination of earl grey cheesecake will drive any tea addict insane! I recommend x 1000. It's too good. The green pieces on the cake are white chocolate and wow for a minute I thought it was inedible, but it's so good together, alongside with tea.


The finished product of mad scribbling. 


THANK YOU D'GOOD CAFE FOR MAKING MY BRUNCHES SO AMAZING.



Said bye to Azman after lunchbrunch and realized it was almost evening. Headed down to the dog cafe because I had mentioned I wanted have dinner with a golden retriever on my twitter and Sam wanted to fulfil that wish which I actually meant having dinner with Sam: well done taking things literally. I did not expect much because knowing the dog cafes around Singapore, they usually have smaller sized petite dogs instead of big galloping goldens.


Camwhored whilst waiting for a bus.

AND THEN, THE MAGIC HAPPENED WHEN WE REACHED.


HUSKIES AND GOLDENS, DINNER SEATED BESIDE THEM? WIN. I can barely contain my excitement though I felt a little standoffish holding my cat balloon in a dog cafe, oops. BUT IMAGINE THE BEAUTIFUL PUPPIES EVERYWHERE. I was expecting the cafe to smell of dog but it was perfectly fine. 

Unfortunately, we went at a later hour so most of the dogs were sleepy and tired  from a long day (so was I) but at least I got to pet and just stare greedily at them because HDBs will never allow big doges which means it's probably gonna take me years to even get one unless I move to NZ.


I digress! The pet paradise cafe has both human food and doggie treats so if you have a dog, you can basically have dinner with them together! How cool is that!


BUT THE THING THAT MADE ME MOST HAPPY WAS THIS.


I literally got the spend my dinner with a golden retriever so THANK YOU SAM AND THANK YOU DOG CAFE FOR MAKING MY WISH COME TRUE.


Pretty tired after dinner so I headed home to flop on bed and transgress into a comatose state. (Pretty tired right now as well) Had the best birthday with the best of people so I'm pretty glad though I was amazingly tired out from all the walking and giggling.

Thank you so much for making my birthday so special, Sam! You were the one that planned everything out and you were the one who stressed out so much on where to go and what to give me though the answer was pretty simple. Actually still IS pretty simple. 

That's right. Get me a cat.

But in all seriousness, I had the best birthday I could ever ask for, from my family, my parents, my best friends and more to come so I'm pretty stoked. Can't wait to blog about the upcoming hotel bash where I get to bash maybe Randal. HAHAHAHAHcough.

THANK YOU READERS FOR READING THIS REALLY TIRED POST BECAUSE IT'S CNY AND I'M BEAT FROM ALL THE SOCIALIZING. Stay tuned to the blog for an upcoming post that I talked about on my instagram! And for now, goodnight mates and happy chinese new year!

xoxo
evelyn

You Might Also Like

0 comments