EIGHTEEN CHEFS @ BUGIS JUNCTION

Hello there!!

Before I continue, I actually did a vlog the other day and if you want to watch it just click on the video below.

I've found out that circle glasses actually look pretty decent on me - you know those Harry Potter resemblance-ish glasses that make you look like a nerd. Speaking of which, why would you even call a person who wears glasses a nerd nowadays? Like 80% of the population of Singaporeans wear spectacles and a PLUS point for spectacles is that they frame your face nicely because it creates an illusion of symmetry that appeals greatly to the human eye. 

Okay, okay sorry. Totally went off track but it's good information right? Next time someone calls you glasses, at least you know you're probably more appealing looking than them; but let's not go there because I blow up into a debate on how people are all beautiful except me. 

LET'S GET STARTED!


EIGHTEEN CHEFS! Mama mia I've not been to that restaurant in a while (ever since Simei side closed down) so when my mom mentioned that Bugis had an Eighteen Chefs branch, I went ape shit and was so happy that day I went Bugis shopping: means i can haz cheese pasta.

AS you guys probably know (if you don't, you are missing out seriously) Eighteen Chefs is a lovely nice cafe environment for working ex convicts though not all are offenders; now if you flinch or make a startlingly horrid comment, may I suggest you walk the bloody plank out of this joint because you don't deserve their freaking delicious lunch sets. Chef Benny Se Teo is a legend, a hero and a humble one at that. If anything, it's one of my favourite top to go restaurants for cheese baked rice.

The offer damn excellent food at a VERY VERY REASONABLE PRICE and the service is just top notch. I LOVE EIGHTEEN CHEFS because of the student price discounts, the good food and the great atmosphere. Usually decked with students all around, at about 4pm when me and Sam decided to get our lunch, it was COMPLETELY EMPTY AND SO CHILL.


CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? Of course, we were very happy because of the empty place and the fact we haven't been to Eighteen Chefs in a while plus we're kinda hungry. I don't know about Sam, but I did not have anything to eat that very day so I was starving.

Taking a look at the menu I realised that the variety of sets and food has increased! There is more different things on the menu then I last remember (the last time I've been there was like 2 years ago, no joke). New eye latchingly interesting food such the the Salted Egg Prawn spaghetti and the pasta broth (DO-IT YOURSELF)- I'm a huge fan of soup and salty stuff so those things really caught my eye but in the end I decided to go for the one that I always order.


THE ONE THAT ALL STUDENTS SHOULD TAKE ADVANTAGE OF BEFORE YOU ARE NOT A STUDENT OKAY. It's the most reasonable priced full set for any occasion! It's very filling and the best part is that you get to pick what kind of pasta/baked rice ingredients you want alongside with many different sauces.

Ladies and gentlemen, be your own chef.


See that students privilege? Look at that price - hello, can you even get this kind of price for an excellent lunch set at a restaurant alongside with ICE CREAM AND ICE LEMON TEA? NO?! Thought so. You can pick your base (cheese-baked rice or cheese-baked pasta) and whether you want to double cheese it is up to you; then you select the lovely range of delicious sauces before selecting your main ingredients.

I ordered my standard set and waited for my 2 year long wait for Eighteen Chef's cheese baked rice with a growling tummy. You place the order on a sheet of paper then pay first before you wait! The Ice Lemon tea came first; what I love about it? EVERYTHING. Just look at the damn glass jug it's in. Refreshing and sweet, it's a very good deal alongside the lunch set.


After a few minutes, our food came! My Cheese baked rice, in red white deliciously tangy salt sauce with chicken sausage, omelette and mushoom ($8.40) and Sam's Cheese baked rice in garlic sauce (Chef's recommendation) with chicken sausage, fish and chicken slices. ($10.00) YO. EVERYTHING IS LESS THAN $10, ITS SO REASONABLY PRICED - NOT TO MENTION it comes with ice cream and that ice lemon tea okay. It's a set price so you see why I'm so obsessed now?


Cheesy goodness that just goes so well with the red white sauce, the flavours of the soft omelette that melts in your mouth and the savoury chicken sausage along with the cool refreshing taste of ice lemon tea - so perfect cries. A MUST TRY, I recommend you all to at least try the "Be your own chef" menu at least once especially if you are a student.

Craving satisfied.

ON A SIDE NOTE. Speaking of reasonably priced food, I went off to the Ikea the other day and realised that they actually have like breakfast meals! It was wayyy too early in the morning to think and I was having the worst cough ever (still am) but the breakfast was pretty satisfying.


Ordered a pancake set ($3.00) and a tuna croissant ($2.00) alongside with a cup of tea/water ($0.50). The pancakes were a little cold but they were soft and chewy with the crunchy piping hot potato wedges! The only disappointment was the omelette (should've gotta pepper and salt) that tasted a little bland. THE TUNA CROISSANT WAS FABULOUS though cold, it was really worth my $2.00. 

Another pretty surprise for me was the ice cocoa from Mos Burger! You know how they like to serve their hot green match tea in a quite small paper cup that makes me sad sometimes? Well for $3.80, you can get a chocolatey ice cocoa decked with soft whipped cream that's pretty big. Strong sophisticated taste of chocolate and pretty neat, you go Mos Burger! Delight to the tastebuds, mmmmmyummm.


You think I'd become fat from eating so much shit all the time. NOPE. Know why? MY HORRID COUGH HAS BEEN RUINING EVERYTHING I WANT TO EAT AND I'M SAD. SO VERY SAD. BOO TO YOU COUGH. BOO!

I hope it heals so I can sakae all day on Thursday pls.

xoxo
evelyn

You Might Also Like

1 comments