[Review] Innisfree Retinol Cica Repair Ampoule (Part 1)

Hello, my forest friends! How are we doing today?

It has been a while since I blogged because I was busy with my weekly activities - man I can tell you I had a wild productive weekend last week. Today, however, we will be doing a small dive into a 2 part review on Innisfree's Retinol Cica Repair Ampoule.


First off, I'd like to make this review a 2 part sort of analysis because I have only started using this Retinol Repair Ampoule for about two days - definitely not enough days to tell whether it's actually good. This will be my first impression of the ampoule and the second part will be my final verdict on it.

Secondly, we need to answer the age-old question, what is Retinol? Simply put, Retinol is a type of retinoid - which is clinically proven to treat acne, wrinkles and a host of other skin conditions/issues thanks to its ability to stimulate collagen growth and speed epidermal turnover and overall decrease inflammation. 

Retinol does not remove dead skin cells but neutralizes free radicals, boosting the production of collagen that can reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and enlarged pores. (I have a lot of enlarged pores) 

Innisfree has now introduced Retinol skincare into their ranks with this Retinol Cica Repair Ampoule. It combines the quick-exfoliating properties of pure retinol with the instant-soothing power of Cica, aka Centella Asiatica. Cica for short—is a perennial plant native to the wetlands of Asia that have been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries. 

https://www.beautycrew.com.au/innisfree-retinol-cica-repair-ampoule-and-focusing-patch-review

Innisfree's description of the Retinol Cica Repair Ampoule is essentially a low-irritant moisture ampoule that provides sebum control, removal of acne bacteria, soothing of inflamed skin and reduction of pore sizes and blemish scars. 

Here's the thing, however, I know Retinol is a powerful thing that is harsh to the skin if applied on sensitive skin (aka mine). In fact, people who use retinol commonly experience dry and irritated skin, especially after using a new product - so thankfully the Retinol Cica Ampoule only features a very small amount of Retinol. (Other familiar ingredients like Niacinamide, Allantoin, Salicylic acid, Peptide and Adenosine are also included to help with other skin concerns.)




So how does one use it? 

I have been using this after my nightly skincare routine, after my glycol + moisturisers. A small pump on my finger and applying around my T-zone and cheeks. According to the instructions, if you are using the retinol ampoule during the day, do apply sunscreen as it may get irritated by sunlight. For sensitive skin, using the retinol ampoule with a physical or chemical peeling product may cause irritation.

The texture of the Retinol Ampoule is lightweight and super easy to apply. There is also no after-tingling sensation so I was a little curious as to why it didn't sting, maybe the small amount of Retinol within the serum is that good so it doesn't irritate my already dry combination skin. It doesn't feel sticky afterwards and my skin felt hydrated for sure after application. 

The gel-like texture has also no distinct smell (that's great) and absorbs into the skin pretty quickly. However, I will continue using the product for another two weeks to see if it will do anything at all for my skin. At first glance, I do enjoy using it. The bottle it comes in is easy to handle and you can lock it easily with a twist of its cap. 

Because I'm afraid of its possible harshness, I haven't really applied it during my morning skincare routine - so I might change that after a week's use. So until 2-3 weeks, expect another review - either crying at the fact that I spent a buttload on this or positively brimming with happiness and a glowy face. 

Innisfree Retinol Cica Repair Ampoule retails at S$51 (30ml) at all Innisfree stores.

x
evelyn 


You Might Also Like

0 comments