FACEFOOD: Lovesiderma B5 Hydraboost Gelly Masque review
So if you guys haven't read, I've been suffering from an extremely horrid breakout of acne on my face and it's as of now, calmed down slightly but I still have reddened, sore skin due to the blemishes that mark my face. Sigh sigh. I'm also on minocycline, an antibiotic to help increase the healing process of my acne but one of it's side effect includes the dry flaking skin that I now constantly shed lol.
I suffer from combination skin which means I get 'best' of both worlds. (insert crying face here)
Thanks to My Daily Skincare I was given the opportunity to try Loveisderma's B5 Hydraboost Gelly Masque, I jumped on it without hesitation because mama needs her skin to be less red lol. Loveisderma isn't a brand that I'm familiar with so I did a swift search on it and found out that it's actually a Taiwan originated brand!


According to the brand: This gel-based masque is enhanced with a unique complex containing most effective hydrators which helps increase skin's hydration level and retain its natural protective barrier to prevent moisture loss. Ideal for use on a variety of skin types which include dry, dehydrated, aging and stressed skin. Helps decongest clogged pores lift Impurities from the skin's surface maximizes the benefits of a daily moisturizer.


The B5 Hydraboost Gelly Masque supposedly strengthens your skin barrier with it's vitamin B5 minerals, hydrating and moisturizing your skin all-day long. According to the ingredients, it also contains snail secretion which helps repair and soothe your skin as well as being a decongestant for your annoying pores! If you are looking for a gel mask that helps skin's elasticity and soothes irritated skin, this is the mask for you! This is actually the first time I'm using a jelly mask - honestly I have never heard of them before - but I'm guessing it's more like a cooling sort of mask to refresh your skin.
At first glance, the only thing that pops into my head is: HOLY BALONEY THIS IS HUGE. The 500g gargantuan jelly mask is definitely a bang for your buck - priced at $35 it looks like it can last you for months and months to come. Lucent looking gel jiggles when I shake the mammoth tub and when opened, there's an aluminium seal over and an adorable looking aspatula laying on it.


Directions for use: Evenly apply a thick layer (approximately 5mm thick) to cleansed skin, avoid contact with eyes and lips. Leave for 20~30 minutes, and then remove excess gel with a spatula and wash off remaining.
Apply a small amount to the face and neck twice daily.

After 30minutes, I removed the excess gel with the spatula given and washed off the remaining gel on my face. The jelly is actually pretty hard to remove on it's own, it sticks to your skin a little so having a spatula to scrape it off helps a whole lot.

After washing it off, my skin felt smooooooth as silk and looked a lot brighter! My skin felt less irritated and looked much less red - no more tomato face evelyn yay haha. The entire process was very effortless and the results are as what the tub says: instantly moisturizes, refreshes and revitalizes. My acne and pores were still hanging around so I'd say maybe it needs a few weeks of usage to see full results - will update this page when I do so.
PROS:
- Instantly moisturizing effect
- The skin doesn't look as dry anymore and the dead skin are scraped off (!!!)
- Brightens the skin
- Skin feels very smooth and supple
CONS
- Feel sticky when applied
- Doesn't help much with pores in one mask session (might take a few)
Here's the Before and After photos

Before

After
Final verdict:
For it's price, I honestly think that the mask is extremely worth it. The tub looks like it can last me for more than a month even with daily usage. As for it's results; it doesn't make my skin feel irritated at all or burn and it definitely cools down my reddened skin - it even brightens up my skin a little - how did that happen?

If you are interested to give this mask a go and tell me your verdict, you can get your own Loveisderma B5 Hydraboost Gelly Masque at My Daily Skincare! A beauty site that brings you the quality products from all over the world, your skincare is safe with them. They have products from masks, sunscreens, lotions, cleansers and more!
What's more, if you are dying to try the jelly mask, you can use my code EVELYN20 to get a 20% off!
What are you waiting for? Give it a go today!
xoxo
evelyn
xoxo
evelyn



0 comments