Battle of the best chicken wings! (WingStop VS Two Wings)
Hello my dearest forest felines!
Wave your wings for the final instalment of this fiery battle for the best chicken wings!
If you guys have missed out, here's part 1, part 2 and part 3! Do check it out as we get our last chicken battle fix as well as a pretty interesting take on reviewing Two Wings! Keep that chicken craving going because the last one on this hit list is the fast casual chain famous for it's buffalo wings in the USA and Mexico - Wingstop!
Now, with this new fighter, can our adversary take the heat?!
Let the final battle begin!
Our new challenger, Wingstop!
Unlike the past few stalls that I've been talking about, Wingstop is no Korean fried chicken (as you can obviously tell)! Calling themselves the wing experts, the unique thing about Wingstop is that it has an array of 11 different savoury flavours: Atomic, Louisiana Rub, Lemon Pepper, Garlic Parmesan, Oriental Soy Pepper, Cajun, Original hot, Hickory Smoked BBQ, Mango Habenero, Hawaiian and Teriyaki.
Spice lovers, you will be more than happy to know that the 'Atomic' flavour is one nasty numbing chicken wing that definitely isn't your normal kind of fiery treat! If you are willing to take on the challenge and you love spicy food, TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
With so many flavours to match, these fresh new wings even have different types for you to decide upon: the classic or boneless? Rice lovers, rejoice because they even have bento lunch sets for you to munch on! They even have apparently a Wing burger which I have not tried but definitely looks pretty interesting.
Oh and it comes with a ranch sauce if you order a set meal! (rubs hands together) Ah, I love my ranch dressings. With a pretty cool diner kind of concept, I actually find the ambience rather lovely. With different sides to choose from, you can pick out from their new menu: mushroom fritters, aromatic rice and more!
Their wings are sold in meals, consisting of a drink, a side and ranch sauce and you get to pick a maximum of two flavours!That's right, you don't have to stick at just one. In a set of 6 wings, do note that their wings are not 6 whole chickens wings, but it's broken into sections of drumlets and wings.

What's great about WingStop?
+ The bountiful choices of flavours! With a wide array, you can take your time to decide which to try! The flavours sounds relatively interesting as well, not to forget to mention that you can actually choose two different flavours in your set! Thumbs up here! Diverse flavour selection for the win!
+ I love love love their rice and sides! It's savoury and delightful but the downside is that it kinda stole the limelight away from the chicken instead, ouch.
+ Meat is tender and soft, though a tad bit dry on the instead. Consistency wise, I'll say A plus for effort. I like how the sauce isn't over done and smothered insanely over all the chicken, it's just a really nice pinch of flavours that don't overpower too much.
+ The fact that you can choose between tenders, classic, boneless and burger wings - not just flavours but the type of chicken as well!
What's not so great about WingStop?
- I've seen quite a lot of customers complain about the waiting time and I have experienced it myself as well. The wait takes about 15-20minutes (even more as some have mentioned) so hungry people beware!
- If you are hoping for a crunch in your chicken, I'd advise you not to try this one. Sure the skin was piping hot and fresh, but it wasn't that crispy due to the grease and oil that wasn't so fantastic on the chicken. I didn't enjoy the batter so much because it was wet and a little too greasy for me.
- For such a small portion, $9.95++ for an individual set meal is quite pricey.
- So far, there's only two outlets available in Singapore: Bedok Mall and City Square mall!
Wingstop is definitely a must try for flavour spice junkies out there! With their amazing aromatic rice that truly kicks up a punch even though it's just rice, their ranch sauce doesn't fall far from the limelight!
However, in my opinion I do feel that some people might not enjoy the distinct flavours that Wingstop provides: after all everyone has different taste buds. (I unfortunately, am one of them)
- So far, there's only two outlets available in Singapore: Bedok Mall and City Square mall!
Wingstop is definitely a must try for flavour spice junkies out there! With their amazing aromatic rice that truly kicks up a punch even though it's just rice, their ranch sauce doesn't fall far from the limelight!
However, in my opinion I do feel that some people might not enjoy the distinct flavours that Wingstop provides: after all everyone has different taste buds. (I unfortunately, am one of them)
Up against it, is Two Wings!
no more comparing it with Korean fried chicken
so let's see how it fairs with American wings!
After all the stalls that we've seen, Two Wings lacks in their diverse flavouring but it definitely makes up well with it's moist scrumptious chicken! Sure you might have different flavours, but the true hero of the platter has to be the chicken itself - you don't cook it to perfection, no amount of over flooding sauces can help.
With their amazing signature batter, Two Wings is a strong contender for you Chicken Wing lovers out there! Fried to a perfect light golden brown colour and definitely less greaser than normal wings, these tasty treats are not be missed!
If you think Wingstop's ranch is good, wait till you get yourself one of Two Wing's homemade chilli sauce! Packing a punch with every dip, you will find yourself coming back for more, just thinking about it makes me drool ugh.

What's great about Two Wings?(as compared to Wingstop)
+ BIG JUICY CRUNCHY WINGS. Like I've mentioned umpteen times, I LOVE their crispy skin and the size of the wings. (SO WORTH IT)
+ Moist succulent chicken meat that melts in your mouth. Not as greasy as I thought it would be, Two Wings have succeeded in making soft easily chewable divine meat!
+ With an array of sides to match as well, Two Wings doesn't disappoint with it's finger food - I personally like their spam fries quite a lot as well as their cheesy fries! Yummy!
+ Hold your horses! (or chickens) But Two Wings has it's own share of different types of chicken to choose from: Chicken Wings or popcorn chicken? I say, get that bucket of popcorn chicken right here right now!
What's not so great about Two Wings?(as compared to Wingstop)
- Dully noted that Two Wings has only one signature batter and Wingstop has 11 different type of flavours!
- Unlike Two Wings, Wingstop is ultimately a fast food joint and is supposed to serve food at a faster pace. The queue is pretty fast as well, though I've not faced a problem with Two Wings slow service, but I've heard about some people can wait for an hour for their meal *gasp*
- What about ranch sauce? Or honey mustard? Unfortunately Two Wings has only two - homemade chili and normal chili sauce.
- Equally pricey.
Something rather thought provoking that I've notice is that as Wingstop's 6 piece chicken set costs about $9.95++ even with their drinks and sides, the meal portions are tiny and it's honestly, without a doubt more worth your cash to buy Two Wing's 6 piece chicken at $12.50, considering the wings are much larger and it is filling!
- Two Wings beats Wingstop with its large and delicious crispy skin that to DIE FOR.
- Wingstop and it's amazing eleven different flavours raise the bar up high into the sky.
- Two Wings might lack in sauce and flavours but it's signature batter is truly a tantalising gift.
- Wingstop's sides are super yummy for your tummy - try their rice, really.
And that marks the end of Two Wings review!
As well as my take on pitting it against other famous fried chicken stalls that steal the hearts of us Singaporeans!

Of course, you will be the judge of which fried chicken you vote for and as usual, I lay my almost unbiased opinions on the table; take what you can and heck, why don't just try them all?
Honestly I truly have to admit Two Wings has definitely surprised me - with only it's one flavour batter, I was wondering if it would cause me to feel a little sick of the taste after one wing but even three is not enough! I am still ready to visit the Essen's food court any time soon to get my hands on those wings.
As we pitted against the other stalls, each of them had their unique appeal and definitely without a doubt, they all do taste pretty good - yeah you can tell by the insane queues for all these delectable wings!
Until I post again, thank you all for reading and I hope you enjoyed this delightful review posts as much as I enjoy writing them.
xoxo
evelyn



0 comments