Ramblings from an ace genderfluid

Hi guys!

As you guys probably have read from this post, I have written about my sexuality and how I identify myself as; the post seemed pretty popular so I decided to just do a little more explanation on asexual awareness because some people might not understand how asexuals/aromantics are like.

Basically, no matter what you identify as yourself - no one can tell you else wise. For the part, you know yourself better than anyone so there is never such a thing as "You don't look gay" or "You have a boyfriend/girlfriend, how can you be asexual?" or perhaps the "But bisexuals are just people in a phase." No one has a right to label you as 'not gay' or basically anything of that sort.

Once more, they are not you and for those who are trying to understand the situation, please don't force your friends into a corner by shooting all sorts of unnecessary stress about how a specific gender is supposed to look like. Let them explain and acknowledge the fact that it's natural for people to act is such a manner.

Your sexual orientation does not define your personality. You are who you are and you do not have to "look" or "act" a certain stereotypical way to be, for example, homosexual. Sexual orientations, gender identities whichever it is, there are boundless terms that you should be aware of by now;

 if not here's a pretty good read on the terminology of said different orientations: http://safespacenetwork.tumblr.com/define

As for my personal experiences as an asexual, I thought I'd share them with you all since I was pretty confused for almost my whole life until I read more about the different genders and sexual orientations. To be honest, I'm in relief to know that there are others out there who are the exact same  as me. This post is mostly going to cover aromantics. asexuals and how I know I'm pretty much genderfluid since it's more personal for me.

This is my own personal recap of my confusing chase for my own identify so bear with me, it'll probably make me sound like some weird teenager suffering from a lot of issues. I'm just here to tell you guys, you are not alone and this post will probably make you all judge me because I'm experimenting way too much on relationships with people.


Let's start with my genderfluidity (if that's even a word lol), you guys have seen my kid pictures - short hair, male pants, second hand me downs from my male cousins and the fact that I really detest wearing anything pink or skirts/dresses; barbie dolls made me cry and cars made me real happy. As a kid, I hated being a girl. I loathed the idea of having breasts and I never wanted to wear a damn dress if my life counted on it. 

At the age of 10, it became more apparent that I wasn't a fan of long hair (had to keep it because of ballet but I quit when PSLE started) so I chopped my locks off and honestly it was an awesome feeling. But it made me a little insecure as other girls flung their frilly little dresses and tied their long hairs into really pretty looking ponytails and there I was feeling a little upset because I was getting called "BUTCH" or "LESBIAN" and mostly "tomboy"

As a little kid, I thought the idea of being homosexual as being dipped fervently into a pit of boiling lava. I was terrified to be a 'lesbian' and I was upset that girls were trying to avoid me because I was too tomboyish or the fact that I might probably spread my butch-ness to them. It was a really tough call because I loved my hair short and I enjoyed dressing up as a boy; it took me a while but I grew my hair out and tried to dress up.

I had the to fight the urge to chop my hair off for a few years, fighting that battle of "okay just cut a bit more" to "NO, no control" until I learned about cosplay. Having a wig changed my entire life - being able to go from "girl" to "boy" made me really happy because it just felt right to dress up like a boy somedays then like a girl.

Plus my parents told me I had a unisex face because of my babyfats, making me look like a teenage boy to a teenage girl. Just a phase, you say? WELL I BEG TO DIFFER. I occasionally enjoy being a boy but unfortunately, our society just labels me as either a trans or I hear whispers of "eh is that a girl or boy? Girl? Maybe a lesbian."

I'm so glad our reality is made up of the most open minded individuals.


Mostly I feel agender - dressing up really nonchalantly and sometimes not even caring about what I wear outside as long as I'm comfortable. Then there are days where I randomly want to be a girl and just dress up, put on makeup and play around with all my limited accessory toys that I have: then there are days where I feel strangely dysophoric and I just want to be a guy, why can't I be a guy?

Those are the days you see me actually putting more effort to make myself look like a boy more than a girl. And to be honest, there is really nothing wrong having multiple genders. Also, I am really blessed to have small boobs because I think I will DIE with anything bigger than what I have now. I love being a boy and I love being a girl.

AND there's nothing wrong with that at all. (just realised I've been called unisex by my parents in an attempt to try to understand haha, thanks mom and dad)

Let me try to describe it to you for those who don't understand: somedays I just feel more masculine and I just want to be a boy, I want to talk like one, I want to dress like one and I have to thank wigs because I would be spamming my hair cuts because the bouts of random manly power just comes and goes randomly many a time. Somedays I'm Everett. Somedays I'm Evelyn and I thank the people in my life who accept that I want to be either one at random.

There is no limit to what a genderfluid can feel like and want to be. After realising that genderfluids are real and do exist, you have no idea how much I fell in love with my body. I don't care about my silly baby fats or the fact that I never need to wear a binder, I love myself more even though I still hate the pimples on my face lulz.


AND NOW, on to the fun bits.

EVERY ASEXUAL IS DIFFERENT but we all feel the same way towards sexual attraction - NONE. There are sex repulsed asexuals, grey asexuals, basically a whole spectrum of different aces. I have never ever looked at a person and said "oh, i want to have sex with them", in fact the idea of sex actually scares me even though, like most human beings, I am curious on how it's supposed to be. 

Still the visual imagery always makes me a little woosy and I have a need to puke my lunch out. Half the time, I have to turn away or quickly make a really crude stupid sexual joke so I don't have to concentrate what's going on television and try to divert the real thing that's happening.

I honestly feel really really really uncomfortable whenever sex is mentioned in a serious manner and any link to try to ask if I want a quick fuck/u like kinky will make me panic in anxiety and freak my shit out inwardly because I just feel so upset like why do you have to ask these question, please don't. It really makes me very very very upset.

I also feel unlovable at times because I really love my friends so much but if they want anything else I probably cannot do that and in a relationship, I feel awful because unless you want to be close friends and nothing more up any scale or any "base" I probably will not give you anything except a crying face.

Normally when people ask me, I'd say I'm asexual because that's the most easiest and simplest way to explain my gender, however I do also fall on the aromantic scale because I rarely and almost never experience romantic attraction towards any other person. 

ALSO, I'll have you know; just because I find a person aesthetically pleasing does not mean I want to date/have sex with them. I can appreciate beauty and nice looking people but it does not mean I want to fuck them (???!!!) I don't understand how some people enjoy trying to use this logic against me. I like my mews but in no way do I want to date them or have sex with them because oh gosh really no.

Thinking about that almost made me hurl.

BUT, there are asexual who enjoy having sex. Like I have said above, there are many kinds of asexuals and there is absolutely nothing wrong with any of them. Just because they don't fit the stereotype does not mean they are not asexuals. There are asexual who are not aromantic and DO feel romantic attraction and there are asexuals who do have needs. 

THEY ARE ALL STILL ASEXUALS.

It's a vast world out there and no matter what, only you know yourself best. 

As a girl who falls in the asexual aromantic section; I have no sexual attraction and rarely (like 1 out of 99999) feel any romantic attraction but I do enjoy hugs and being squiggly buddies. I am basically a cuddle freak but you can't touch me, only I can purr as I laze on your head. 

Honestly, just think of me as a cat. I am usually a touchy person only if I'm doing the touching. If you place your hand anywhere on me without my consent there is a probability of 99% that I will either hiss or claw you. That 1% is my vomit.

Being aware of your sexuality honestly helps. I felt broken almost all my years as a teenager, experimenting with different people because "you haven't met the right guy" and most of them just started out as me just wanting to be platonic close friends. Being curious and experimental also made me really dislike myself for doing things I really didn't want to do; like kissing really grosses me out if it's lip to lip. I tried to "fix" myself and conformed to society but all I got in return was just more confusion and even losing my friends whom I had a close relationship with. 

I thought that maybe I was sick because I never want to have sexual relations with people; I thought that maybe I needed help because I cannot feel the same way people feel as they describe their relationships as being fuzzy warm and loving. (IN retrospect I feel that more towards my friends, not my boyfriends, girlfriends) I barely feel romantic attraction, let alone sexual ones. 

EDUCATING THE PUBLIC ON SEXUAL AWARENESS IS IMPORTANT because now that I finally understand, I feel so much happier, and I feel proud. I'm an asexual genderfluid; I'm real, I'm here and I want to spread the awareness out there for the lost souls like myself.

xoxo
evelyn

You Might Also Like

0 comments