The Audacious Cakery review!
Hello hello everyone!
Wow, realised I've been doing quite a bit of food reviews lol, especially dedicated to cafes. Too young and too poor to enjoy too much okay so just take what you have.

Thankfully for me, Outram is one of the places where you can find many little baby cafes just sprouting out.
Met Sam for brunch because he's my partner in crime when it comes to cafe hunting - also he was nearby so why not.
I had explored around the place in the morning when I was a little bit bored and during lunch when my mom brought me to a really crowded but nice coffee shop. Realised that Outram sure is decked with a lot of mini cafes, from quiet quaint cake stores to coffee houses, the place is brimming with food and pretty buildings. Alleyways that bring you into somewhere you wouldn't expect, making it seem unlikely Singapore. Walked about Neil road but realised the place is mostly coated with expensive bars lol.
Residing nearby stands an old HDB building with cute little stalls underneath - that's where you find the quiet cafes; though I'm pretty sure at every turn you'll probably find some adorable cafe to oogle at.
We went exploring a bit first to scout the area for somewhere nice to just settle down and chill - this little cafe caught Sam's eye at first but we hesitated to go in because I said, "Anything bro, up to you, seriously I'm just your shadow today." Continued walking around but in the end, went for the very empty dazzling cafe that maimed (i mean aim) Sam's eyeballs.

WELCOME TO
THE AUDACIOUS CAKERY!
Cue the fireworks and cutesy stuff.
As you can tell by it's name, this cafe mainly sells cakes. It caught my attention because when Sam mentioned TEA that they served, I was already hooked. You got me, buddy. Tea is good, tea is god. Screw pizza, the thing that I love the most is tea. (Probably going to regret saying that one day) Not to mention that they also serve little snackers like sandwiches and lattes.
We entered in the empty cafe and at once was bought by it's beautiful furnished floors and decorations. The cafe was indeed small and had a quiet peaceful atmosphere; and funky pop music playing. The first thing that greets your eyes are the massive rows of cute cakes with the most adorkable names.


Sorry blur picture because my hands were quavering with excitement!
Did I mention the weather was a bit hot so the air conditioned cafe was a brilliant place to chill in, literally. Cupcakes and tea though - don't mean to stereotype but I am becoming British. Not that it's horrid though, I'm always teased to be that British villain archetypes you see on television, yes the only petting the cat and swivelling on a chair to face you in that dark dark room.
I digress.
The menu was cutely hung up on the wall with a small range of things to choose from! From little cakes, macarons and pastry everything was less than $10! Priced reasonably, I might add for all the mini snacks and I eyed the quiche spinach & feta cheese without drooling all over the floor. Coffees and teas that served for two (one pot is about $9) that is refillable! (CRIES IN ECSTASY)

I let the boy decide what to buy because i wasn't that hungry. Settled down the seat near the window before I started to spam the camera with photos of this beautiful place, such a magical space.



Here's the grand master, picking his cupcakes.




Ahhhhmygod the cakes are so cute though.

Psst, look at the cake at the far right. Foret Noir that's alcoholic; Joy.

As the tea arrived, Sam decided to get his sweet tooth cake fix. The boy ordered an alexandria tea pot for two ($9.00) that had a very green tea exotic taste to it. Mostly the brilliant concoction of green tea and chamomile was tasted. The waitress made my day when she told me it was refillable, just tell her and she will help us refill the lovely tea! TO DIE FOR I SWEAR some places don't refill your pot of tea even though you paid like $10 for it. Service staff was super nice to tell me that too because I probably shy to ask. (fans self)

Say it with me, "Where there's tea, I'm happy."
Wasn't long before the cakes arrived! Sam ordered us a cupcake s'mores ($4) and a perk me up petit gateau ($8.80)!



The cupcake s'mores was like a solidified hot chocolate with very smooth chocolately goodness that slides down your throat alongside a chewy sugar marshmallow on the top and crunchy hazelnut-ish crumb at the bottom. The entire thing was absolutely deliciously chewy and soft on the inside! Can you imagine if the roasted marshmallow was still piping hot though? That would be a treat!
The tiramisu was a bit dull for though, the coffee powder being a little bit too bitter for me but the creamy soft tiramisu cream was a delight to sink your teeth into. The crumble at the bottom was a tad bit hard for us to cut through with our forks but if you do manage to crush it out, the combination of all the flavours together is magnificent!
Both cakes tasted brilliantly alongside the green tea, a delightful afternoon tea ensues.



I think i look pretty nice here sorry just trying to boost my self esteem a bit hahaha no edit whatsoever


Overall, very pleasing for those who want small nibbles.
Definitely a place to visit for sure! I'll come again next round for my quiche that I missed. Wow, I'm going wild with all the rhyming I'm doing today. If you are looking for a quaint chill session, here's the place for you! With tea and cakes, you'll definitely feel like you're in some other weird worldly dimension far from the bustle of the city.
xoxo
evelyn



0 comments