1

MALACCA TRIP PART 1

Hey there guys! Once more here's another update to my blog, wow I'm actually doing this properly like right now but don't count your chickens before they hatch, let me see if I actually stick to my New Years Resolutions and keep blogging consistently - I highly doubt that because I'm becoming a busy fat lazy ass. Those words don't even fit with each other but it is me.

Before I start, I realised I forgot to put this up on my blog. I did a taobao haul recently with my two boys here!



So every year I travel across the Malaysia borders to meet my Malaysian counterparts and I've usually done vlogs most of the time I'm there unless there is time constraints or etc, but this round I brought the camera but did not film much because I am a lazy shit ass who rather not do that lol. I am a terrible person, never trust me on finishing yet I say I might.


This year, we finally decided to stay a whole damn week at Malacca and I was pretty stoked - so stoked I didn't even sleep in the bus. My brother and I talked about everything under the sun throughout the 4 hour bus ride into Malacca and damn it was pretty fun. Reached there about 7pm and we had dinner at 8pm - the first time Jed and I were actually bloody hungry for something because we didn't eat shit for the entire damn day.

Had rice and vegetables at a pretty nice coffee shop before going back to granny's place in which it was about like 10pm and I zonked out after a bit because I had the mattress outside - I love sleeping outside in the living room because the floors are so damn cold and nice. Woke up at 1am to play Assassin's creed unity with Samuel before zonking out once more.



Waking up to day two at god forsaken hours because I cannot for the love of shit wake up early to do anything and realized hey the house is emptied because all the adults have left for genting, WITHOUT US - and that everyone seemed to be missing except for my granny. So I decided to spend some quality time with my lovely granny and help her out with the chores and etc.

Dawn of realization that my granny is the epitome of a wizard. As I helped her around the garden, she showed me all of her plants growing and non growing ones - mints, rosemary, passion fruit, mango, apple, grapes and a bunch more herbs that I can barely keep my mind on. She planted all these herself and she never really had much experience except for trial and error! My goodness she can tell whether the plant is sad or happy and it's so amazing.

Granny, you are one amazing woman.

After helping her out with the gardening, she told me stories about her experience at the church.

Going to be honest here, I am not one for Churches, no, people, I am not satanist though a lot of people have pegged me as one because of my nature, but I really enjoyed listening to what my granny told me about the pastor (the father) and the stories that came along with it. What I had delighted in the most was that my granny's eyes lit up in pleasure as she told me her tales, being so excited she almost knocked over a cup!

I don't mean to be sappy but I really really was happy at that point, watching my granny get so excited as we exchanged tales and photos that she showed me. It's that feeling that you have done something right - a good deed to make your granny happy. I don't see her often, thats for one, and I know for a fact that sometimes old people do get lonely because of their age, but just that moment, I think I at least made her really happy. (or that's what my mom told me because my granny was so pleased she complimented me the entire day)

I love my granny so so so much, and I truly respect her so even the kindest words makes my day.

Anyway, after that we went for lunch with my cousins!

Went to the new mall called the shore, which look funnily like the old simei mall with nothing much there because it's a new mall, things aren't exactly built up yet - except for small little shops around that sold funky clothes, socks and the bookstore *eyes light up* We headed to a sushi restaurant (pardon me for forgetting the name) for lunch. *fyi, if you want the name, just go stalk my younger cousin Kimberly's blog - it might pop out.



I had the kitsune soba and it was bloody good i swear, along with green tea latte! The sushi there is really good, I swear, the next time I head down to Malacca, I'll go again and take better pictures and have a legitimate review on the place. Right now, all I can say is 9/10 because good food and at a cheap reasonable price - like less than $3 for my noodles WOT you say.

Walked around after that and the bro got a mini dictionary to share! THANKS QI FOR BUYING LUNCH AND THE BOOK! Nothing much to do after that so we went home! Back in the car, I decided to test out my palm reading skills and I do still have it after so long! Difficult to read though, I need to go back to my books to figure out certain clinks lol!

Michelle fly aeroplane on us to get a power bank so I decided to help granny around the place and give Kimberly and Jed better readings on their palms. Jed's going to grow up to be a very confused man if he doesn't get his life straight, i swear. Whilst granny cooked us a delicious meal, we all lazed around the room trying to figure out a video idea (see at least I tried) but we all failed so we made bets on when Michelle was coming back home.

Nobody won in the end, shut up Jed.

Had dinner and we had the best game of hide and seek in the dark without specs. HELLO, we are all blind without the specs so much so that we could barely see the person that was right in front of our faces. It was so funny because we were literally like blind mice kicking over things and poking around because it was pitch black.

BEST GAME EVER. Better because it's free and it's only doable with people who wear specs, those who don't, get outta here.


Passed out and did nothing much for the day except laze around and play games. I got bored because I had a feeling the adults were gonna be late so I decided to get my hair cut (by myself) and go and get it to a salon asap for rebonding. Thankfully, the salon was open and the lovely salon owner helped me trim my bush of a failed haircut (not really lah) with a rebond.

FROM A LONG BUSHY MASH MESS MANE into a nice little derp shit.


Waited for the adults to come back before actually doing something like going out to the laundromat with my granny to clean up the clothes. Had a lovely granny dinner before leaving of course, that's a must. It's become a malacca tradition to go to the laundromat, get coffee and cake opposite at the secret recipe before going back to the laundromat again. Damn cute, I swear.


By the way, here's a picture of the outdoor cooking sesh! Granny cooked fried kway tiao that was delicious, I'm hungry thinking about it right now.


We ordered mint black tea and creme brulee cake and stole Jed's mushroom soup.

Ended the day quite late and I can't remember whether we went to Satay Celup or not - i forgot maybe we didn't.



DAY OF SHOPPING! Finally leaving the house for some good old' shopping spree. Yours truly had decided to be nice this Christmas and get gifts for my loved ones because I'm no old grinch unless you truly believe that I am. Okay fine, I'm still a grinch but hey, at least I bought something for you - MY LOVE.

Haha. Joke.

Dressed up for the occasion of course, be prepared for the selfie spam below because I can be self centered okay? Would you rather me be depressed and unhappy of how I look? By the way that happens because we all suffer from human error and emotion; so please people if someone likes to selfie a bit, it's okay. A little boost of self esteem never hurt nobody. *a little evelyn tip


Here's my outfit of the day! Taobao pentagon choker ($2.00) (that's why people call me satanic) alongside my moon phases pullover ($10.00), my little denim shorts and added half a garter ($6.00) and my galaxy socks ($2.00)

 

Wore contacts out but cannot tahan and took it out within less than 3 hours LOL. I am terrified of my eyes okay somedays, always remember, you only got one pair of eyes and if it's gone, it's gone.

So we went to Makota/Pahlawan and WE WENT TO KAISON! The best bloody best in Malacca to buy your gifts and goodies. They sell all kinds of adorable knick knacks from little bags to toys to paintings, name what you want and you might find it there! It was awesome as heck to waddle around just delightfully throwing things into the shopping basket because it's SO BLOODY CHEAP. Everything is less than $10 fucking dollars okay? I'm getting everything because I don't always come here.

Shopped around and then went to have a huge feast at Kenny rogers!



WE WENT TO PLAY LASER TAG AFTER THAT!

I'm so bloody pumped because we were teamed up randomly and I teamed with the adults - my mom and my crazy uncle so it was clear who the winner was because the other team had the two hide and go seekers (I'm looking at you two, you know who) and the fact that my crazy uncle is crazy. Managed to corner Jed and Michelle immediately after the game started and it was just really mad fun. Can't wait to go again with more people this round!

My team won with me at second place and my uncle at first! Mom's at third and I can't recall the rest because I WON! (i am a douchebag, sorry.)

Went around to shop more because we're horrid like that and didn't manage to get much stuff - just to get more food after food (gasps and cries) I'll skip the food part because I've actually forgotten about it - I think we went to satay celup on this day instead of the one before so hoorAY! Jed got his fix and once more we bonked out for the night because we were tired as heck when we all reached home!

Gotta be honest, I love the time with the family. Every moment is precious because we don't get to meet a lot because number one, my New Zealand aunt is in NZ and my Malaysian counterparts are in Malacca - it's lovely to see everyone just bond together and laugh at the stupidest hings.

Now, part 2 will come out soon.

stay tuned.

xoxo evelyn

You Might Also Like

0 comments