2015
I for one believe that a new year doesn't mean much except well, a NEW year. It's basically the same damn thing of 365 days of doing crap and trying to figure out life itself - I'm not one to be superstitious about the New Year's Resolutions because sweetheart, we can do it any day.
But
in order to avoid being the Grinch of New Years'
(I'm pretty much the grinch of everything even birthdays)
Here's a highlight of my 2014 to share with you 24k viewers and to usher in the year of 2015
Let's all hope it will bring us more happiness than the next (though technically that is up to YOU to decide)
Highlights of 2014,

The entire Cambodia FYP that slapped me into reality of human nature and things that make you want to go bump in the night.
Video here, I am not uploading my final year project for many reasons so here's a vlog that pretty much summed up my entire time there. I enjoyed finishing up the entire FYP and let me tell you the sigh of happiness and slight disappointment when I left the lecture hall after the saga of MOI.
Thank you to all who have been through with me all these 3 years of film study - I appreciate everyone of you because each brought me a life lesson I will never forget.
For those who have stayed and not faded, words cannot express my gratitude for you, I am so proud to have you guys in my life. In April 2014, I graduated with a higher than average GPA which I am honestly glad to have even though it could've been better. (Walao Evelyn, can don't cheebs? Good enough already)



Graduation didn't bring me tears because I graduated with my best friend in the fucking world and no amount of jobs or future shit will ever tear us apart. We made, hun! We made it and we walk out proudly - I am so thrilled to have finished this Diploma with you after secondary and to have continued our friendship no matter what odds after so long. I love you!
Can't really tell what the horrible future might bring but we'll make it through till the end. If we don't, it's probably not the end anyway. World won't end so soon by the way, Joy, don't even think about trying to avoid it. *WINK*

Another highlight of my awesome 2014, was TAOBAO.
Been years wondering how the fuck taobao actually worked and this woman has provided me with so many god damn taobao hauls that now I can proud to say I am a taobao holic. Actually not proud, moreover a little bit scared because taobao is good, taobao is god.
Speaking of youtube channels, I am very very very delighted to announce that I am offically a youtube partner and amazingly I have reached almost 40k views on my channel with 377 subscribers as of now! The number may be small but I am so ecstatic that this has happened to me!
I have also finally started on my youtube series "Let's get real" and it's summing up not too bad views - trying to have a voice in the world and I am gratified to have so many people supporting my way as i travel up higher and higher.
Media related wise, my best friend and I have perfomed (TWICE) at the hard rock cafe,
A music singing gig that rocked our world (literally) and hell, even though we weren't the best, we were so happy to have managed to slap our fears away and take the stage, singing our hearts out. It's amazing to be on the stage, having people watch you perform. I want that feeling to be embedded into my mind forever, minus the anxiety.
Thank you all who came down and thank you hard rock cafe for the opportunity.
Wow this year I've just been thanking everyone lol.
THIS YEAR WAS THE YEAR OF ADVERTORIALS!
Collaborating with Sample Store, I had the opportunity to review products before they were placed on the shelf (SO BLESSED) I am very stoked about all the reviews that I do and I hope to do more next year! All these sponsored reviews and I'm lovin' every part of it, striving to do better than the next!
Super happy and grateful for the chance to do advertorials, honestly I can't wait to get my hands on the next product to review so stayed tuned for that!
Not only did I managed to do sponsored reviews, I had my own dash of contact lens reviews that I have no done yet with about like 5 of my other lenses (PROMISE SOON) as well as cafe reviews as I cafe hopped around the place.
AND NOT TO FORGET, NIKS CLINIC
A year where my face suffered a shit load of ups and downs so I have decided to finally seek treatment. Don't wanna jinx this part but I truly hope my insecurity of my face will FINALLY be cured, cross fingers and hope for the best for the next few more months. MONEY PLS.
Speaking of that, I have finally gone out to do event jobs that are not related to film and damn, the world outside is nasty - but there's always a spark of hope that will help you persevere on; do not doubt the little spark, it will bring you to bigger places.
FINALLY, last but not least,
I have figured out what I want to do in the future. Thank you so much, Sam, for pushing my through to do it. Fear creeps up on me and I procrastinate to do things that I am afraid to do somedays. Sure other days I might feel as if I have picked the wrong thing to do, but hell I am so glad i went for the audition and tried.
AND I HAVE ANOTHER ONE IN TWO MONTHS WOW, SHIT ME.
CROSS FINGERS.
So you guys can pretty much tell, 2014 was a year of experiences and learning, making myself do things that I want like blogging adverts and vlogging, it was a year of gratitude and a year of change (though i do that every fucking day lah) but after all that has happened, I'm still me and I'm still alive ; the people I love are here and I am most thankful for that.
Lots of fun things have happened along that way that IM SUPPOSED TO BLOG ABOUT BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE IM SO FREAKING LAZY so I guess my checklist resolution is to
- Ace audition
- Hardwork on NIKS
- BLOG MORE
- VLOG MORE
- Stop lying (so much)
- Be happier and grateful
- Smile more
- Love more
- Be yourself
- DO everything you wanted to do in 2014 but couldn't so do it in 2015, ya nasty
I can't wait for the new year.
That was sarcasm.
xoxo evelyn




0 comments