Jed's 50th birthday at Dgoodcafe
In my heart, you'll always be 50 years old because you smell like a old man, don't pick up the god damn laundry, pee aimlessly in the toilet instead of the bowl and you are the most awful at exercising (even a 50 year old man could beat you at a 100m race)
So yesterday, (Sunday) was my brother's birthday and we had decided months back in September to celebrate it at dgood cafe. I have been to that lovely little corner cafe a few times with my cousins and friends for brunch/dinner and the food there is quite spectacular, filling for sure, an added plus point for the vibrant flavours.
Woke up at 8am and left at 10am.
Jed decided to be really bitchy boy this Sunday morning because I believe my mom likes to coddle him like saying things like "dont shout at him, its his birthday" No mom, hes being a douche and I'm going to tell him he is a douche so that he won't be a lazy son of a gun everything he does something.
Anyway we had to get out of the house twice and back inside again because sir goh was slow and had troubles trying to find his wallet. I am not a patient person when it is 9am in the morning and you have to scream at the nigger more than 50 times to "can we go now you're just lazing on the chair doing nothing"

Headed to Holland V, (273 Holland Ave #02-01/02, 278992 here's the address if you are interested)
So this round I didn't take much of the interior because there was something else that caught our eye so I am just going to show you some old photographs of what I had taken the last few times I have been to the dgood cafe.
Basically this small quaint cafe has three storeys (not so small afterall huh) there is an adorable as heck lift that takes you up to all the levels but fair warning, it is extremely slow and people with claustrophobia or a group of more than 4 people - please do not go inside. The lift is small and just really fragile in my opinion.
Select the floor you wish to go to and hold it until you hear a click sound then just push open the door. It's pretty cool and there are instructions for people who need to read before they decide to try any death defying stunt.

There is an alternative where you take the stairs instead. My much preferred opinion, but if this is your first time going off to the dgoodcafe, why not give it try? (most people do anyway i dont know why am i even telling you not to)

Pretty quaint and located at a corner but be forewarned! A lot of people know about this cafe so if you decide to attempt a lunch on a weekend, try an early lunch like really early. I went on a Sunday at about 10:45pm and it was mass crowded already but thankfully we found a seat.
Alright so if you take the elevator up all the way to the third storey there are two sections to the seating arrangement. One is an outdoor balcony that overlooks nothing much except rooftops and Holland's HDB flats. I would suggest one to dine outside only in the evening - the candle lit dinner + pretty lights make a rather nice atmosphere.
And here it is at night
It's pretty at night to be honest, especially if you are with a bunch of friends and decide to take the tent shift table for dinner.
On the third floor there is the indoor air conditioned seating room with cute toy bears and bean bag chairs, a more child-like approach for the interior design and definitely the best god damn place to selfie because the lighting and white walls are super amazing.
Just take a look at my cousin's blog when she came to Singapore and took a motherload of selfies. Click here! She's not the only one, her sister and I went on a mad spree of photo selfies leaving her samsung camera out of space and almost out of battery. If I remember correctly, we took a total of 300 photos in that space lol.
Okay before I continue, look at those two girls at the right hand corner of the screen. See that huge jug of frappe there? That was the thing that caught my eye and without that I probably wouldn't be at the dgoodcafe on a Sunday morning gaping at the horror that Jed had bought.
Now going down the stairs to the second floor there is a gem that most girls die die want to sit on because it's so effing cute and pretty and countryside also it looks pretty fun to sit on.
SAY HELLO TO SWING SET OMG
This one the time I went on a weekday with my brother and Sam - on weekdays your chances of getting the swing is much much much higher than on weekends to be honest. This swing gets more looks and stares than any kpop boy band.
So this is basically how the second floor looks like - no one really cares about the other seats when there are two god damn swing sets over at that corner overlooking the city and it's just so damn creative and adorable.
The latte art at dgoodcafe is highly raved for as well.
Now back to Jed's birthday celebration: reached there at 10:45pm only to gasp at the crowd, it was almost full but thankfully there were still seats and we had just reached in time to see one swing seat free from girls taking selfies of. Rushed over and ordered our food.
The cashier kitchen is located on the second level, you walk out and order before they give you a little ringer to call you back to collect your order. No GST or extra charges but the food is slightly more expensive. Still, dgoodcafe does not disappoint with their all-day-breakfast plus we were all out ready to splurge on food that very Sunday.
Ordered our food and waited. Jed reminded me not to get a drink because we were going to get the most biggest jug of frappe of our life.
Took about 10 minutes before we got our food and now if you get hungry I am sorry, I am blogging about this at 11:36pm at night and my belly growls even though I have already ate (god damn it pre-period problems)

Jed's order of portobello mushrooms with poached eggs and a side serving of sweet sour salad. (PRICE: $14.50) The poached eggs were perfection and the hollandaise sauce was extremely savoury, the way it compliments the eggs as they melt in your mouth. The portobello mushroom however got a bit too strong for Jed who decided to leave one mushroom untouched.
Verdict, mushroom lovers, here is your meal.

Standard evelyn is standard. Poached eggs with bacon and toasted bread, side serving of delightful salad topped with sweet sour vinegary sauce. (PRICE: $13.50) I swear, the poached eggs are perfection, coupled with the salty bacon and crunchy bread - it's a party in your mouth! The salad also plays a wonderful part in the flavours, fresh lettuce and leaves that go crunch in your mouth.
Verdict: Never not getting egg bens from here.

When Sam told us he ordered a masala chicken with rice we laughed at him. When the food arrived, we drooled at the delicious spice scent of the curry, not overpowering nor strong, it was a hint of lovely spice that made us all want to give it a try. The chicken tikki masala (i cant recall) (PRICE: $12.00) A serving of rice and the most savoury curry I have ever tasted in the my life. It's so light and refreshing and the meat is tender soft, heaven in every bite.
Verdict: TRY IT, it's amazing.

After we had ordered our food, Jed suggested to get his birthday drink. So the two boys went to get the drink whilst I (ate) protected the seat from getting ravaged by crazy girls who were eyeing the swing set so much so that everytime one of us stood up, they would prepare to move but realized we weren't leaving and just go back nonchalantly to their seats lol.
The shock and horror and confusion of the second floor guests as Sam and Jed walked past them with a giant jug in their hands.
I was appalled. When I thought of jumbo and saw instagram photos of it, I never did thought it was that big. Jaw dropped, eyes wide as saucers, I only managed at "WHAT THE FUCK" out of my mouth. Smooth, evelyn, smooooth.


A jumbo mint chocolate frappe (PRICE: $7:50) for the nigel birthday boy. The entire frappe was enormous, look at it compared to a cup. The mint was blended with ice and the chocolate chip bits were huge and chocolaty - the entire drink is heaven.
Verdict: Three people can finish this. (A glutton, a white girl and that thing)

So if it is your birthday, go down to dgoodcafe and order your self a jumbo birthday size frappe. All you need to do is to pay for a normal large size frappe and you tell them it's your birthday (bring identification please) and you can pick from flavours like green tea, mocha, chocolate, mint chocolate, strawberry and caramel.
It is amazing let me tell you.

Jed's so happy he can barely speak.

Look at the massacre on the table. I can't believe we managed to finish that huge jug but I think we can safely say thanks to Jed who drank the most of it. Food, ambience and company that day was amazing! Thank you dgoodcafe for giving us a treat for Jed's birthday!!
We had an amazing time.
Now time to aim whoever's birthday is coming up next for the next flavour frappe. (someone: u fek fat shiz)
xoxo
evelyn




0 comments