Cosplay photoshoot

Before any of you people get excited (I know, I'm assuming but I've had many people come to me asking, OMG YOU COSPLAY OMG OMGOMGOGMOGMOMG) I am an ex-cosplayer. Yes you heard that right. Please, please, PLEASE do not fucking ask me if I am an otaku or an anime lover. Sure we all have the idea that a cosplayer probably likes anime, but I'm going to burst your bubble here, I'm not an anime fan. Pray tell, yes I was an anime fan many years before but I wasn't J-pop obsessed and neither was I obsessed in watching anime non stop.

Yes I was a cosplayer going to events and taking photoshoots for fun. YES, I WAS. Please note that is it past tense, people. I am an ex-cosplayer, honestly the only time now I ever want to cosplay is with my lovely cousin from Malaysia because we have a lot of fun together to be honest. Also yes, I might be a little self indulgent with my photographs but I rather cosplay with my cousin and or Joy. That's all.

No I am not a huge anime fan and please don't get so excited when I mention cosplay. It's a very annual hobby of mine to be honest and I rarely dabble in it anymore because it is expensive. I do have my cosplays but no I'm not lending it out, I'm probably going to sell them when I finally done with it all.

I honestly only started photoshoots up again because I could finally wear contact lens - and I'm just going to improve my older cosplays and that's it. I don't go to any events, no I don't. I'm sorry I probably sound irate from all these but yes, I am quite due to the amount of people looking at my cosplays and going holy shit you cosplay omg are you going to the event/omg u kinky/maid cosplay pls? sorry no. Answer is no.

I do not cosplay anymore because it was a phase of mine. I do because I love to just go crazy with my cousin nowadays. It is quite an expensive hobby and it requires a lot of make up (which I hate) and to add it on with judgemental superficial people AND COSPLAYERS - trust me I've seen some.

Cosplaying is about having fun. I have more fun with my cousin climbing over a fence than walking about a convention where theres perverts around and people who judge because they don't know who you are or you "cos-fuck" (is that the term now?)

Okay need to chill. Sorry I'm quite riled up - it's not because of the people asking, it's because of the community that pisses me off sometimes. I have my own fun but please don't assume that I cosplay every other day.

In any case anyone who asks me about this will be directed to this post. Thank you.

I digress

So basically a week ago, I went to cosplay a character that I've been eyeing - due to the pink hair and really crazy cool accessories (hand made by a cosplayer) for fun. I wanted to do it with my cousin when she came over but she couldn't so I decided why not go for a photoshoot? Haven't done it for years and finally I can get to test out my lenses.

To be honest, this must be one of the most difficult character I've cosplayed - due to the insane accessories that keep falling out and her extremely long hair that's needed to be styled (I cut it myself, yes fully proud of it and styled it myself, I've never styled a wig before) Thankfully taobao has given me a beautiful good long 100cm wig.


The trouble I had to go through to cut and styled and using people as a wig stand because I don't have one.


Hello everyone, this is the character I will be cosplaying. Yui from angel beats, also known as Yui-nyan since she likes to do that 'mew' to her voice. The accessories are pretty and my face honestly fits anime character who have the "cute" factor since I do not have a thin straight face - which I'm pretty alright with.

We started the day at 11am, rushing about because we were lazy (as usual) my photographer Joy and me just rolling in bed not wanting to get up even though our appointed time was at 8am. 

Here's the transformation.



Bathe, take selfies from the mirror and look it's a skirt. I'm glad I'm petite sized because this skirt is actually short.


Uniform time! 



Gearing it up. Honestly really happy the garter legs fit my thighs - I have not exactly really big ones but I was afraid it would fall off.


Contacts on!



Makeup on and we're off! On the way to expo, thankfully suggested by Samuel or else we'd been circling around trying to find a place for a photoshoot in this horrible hot weather. 



First time wearing the styled wig with the accessories in the expo toilet with my photographer, my darling sister. Pretty happy with it to be honest. In fact this entire set was fun to run around with albeit the wig was a tad heavy.


Before I start, look at the long lovely wig. And yes I have a tail too.


And that's all the picture I have for now. Honestly, it's so difficult to pick and choose out of all the pictures that I have - an insane amount. Gotta thank the lovely work of my photographer, Joy, like always, using her photoshoot skills. THANK YOU JOY. And also Samuel for coming down and trying it out.

Maybe I'll post more up another time.


Love,
Evelyn

You Might Also Like

0 comments