PURPLE HAIR?! La riche violet dye!

So if you had read yesterday's blog post, I had tried to dye my hair purple - a dark purple. Me and Joy had both a pair of La richie's hair dyes for an offer last year and I've yet to touch my purple dye so i decided to dye my hair because 

MY HAIR WAS BECOMING BLONDE.



Shit guys, it was looking blonde orangey red - I noticed when I did that lens review for the hello kitty series that my hair was slightly blonde yellow in the pictures on that blog post; I woke up and took a photo of my hair and damn, of all colours, I really don't enjoy orange. 


With my slightly tanned skin tone, this hair colour doesn't suit me at all - I know it's the flash but still, it's quite scary to think my hair's going blonde orange brown whatever colour it is. 

My original hair colour used to be a light hazel brown but now I've always wanted a darker chocolate colour - my hair follicles contain more red genes in it, so whenever I dye my hair, it gets brighter and more orange/red depending on what colour tone i dyed it in.



So here's La riche's colour chart of the many fabulous colours you can dye your hair into - it's more preferred to bleach your hair before doing anything here. I bought mine on offer but usually I'm guessing a small bottle box costs about $8 - $16 depending on where you buy it from.

I bought mine here: CLICK HERE

I chose VIOLET, I wanted a dark purple look because I'm done with the bright coloured hair look, been there and done that. 

I used a little of it to dye some of my tips before but it did not really work on my already insanely brown blonde hair, in fact, it turned my hair blacker (a dark brown if you look from afar) however it works perfectly for Joy who has PURE BLACK HAIR and she used dark tulip and her hair went a beautiful purple royal red. 

SHE DIDN'T BLEACH HER HAIR! But it was unfortunate that it got washed away after a short while - it's semi-permanent anyway. 

So we began the crazy purple hair dye experiment on a rainy Sunday afternoon. 


The bottles are rather smallish but you just need a small amount mixed in with some of your conditioner. Just add in a 3/4 and squeeze in your conditioner into a small container and just comb it through your hair. *GET SOMEONE TO HELP YOU, this dye sticks on your skin like permanent glue. 

The entire dying process takes about an hours ++ especially if you have waist long hair like myself - wait for 15min - 30min if you bleached your hair and wait about 45min - 1hour if you didn't bleach your hair.

It doesn't harm your hair a lot so far with the times that Joy used it, and my hair is perfectly fine at the moment, but it's not exactly my favourite hair dye - I will do a review on my favourite hair dye next time. 


The results?

I was screaming that it didn't even make my hair purple one bit. Well it's better than having a blonde hair, now it's dark reddish brown; more of an mahogany brown. It's not a really unexpected result though, I've tried it before and did somewhat expect something like that - hey at least it didn't turn black. Maybe it's wise to let it fade for the next few days - who knows, maybe it'll turn out nicer. 


After the entire dying hair fiasco, Joy reminded me that it was the 1 for 1 soup spoon thing going on at tampines mall - holy crap warm soup on the rainy weather makes everything better by a million times. Don't go "aw, it's over" when you read this post. It's still ongoing but not here at tampines mall.


Anyway Jed decided to join us in our soup spoon adventure, 1 for 1 for two, can you imagine four soups? Why not, it's not everyday that soup spoon gives free soup; and if you have an ntuc member card, you can redeem SOUPER VALUE MEALS: a half wrap/sandwich/salad and a drink. 
Thank you Dad, the NTUC member, you have gifted us with food - tons of it.


We had a lot OF FOOD. Four meals for three people who don't eat much, I'm amazed that we've managed to finish it up! Amazing coming from us.


After that we went around all the three malls to get my Mom some stuff and went crazy at Daiso because Jed found someone called Krishnu. That nigel and I are bastards. 


So today while walking home from lunch, I REALIZED THAT MAYBE MY HAIR IS TURNING PURPLE.

See that hint of purple? Maybe it does need a few days to fade into a purple!


Also I went for the 17th March's all day breakfast at mac donalds and managed to get some bacon pancakes before the entire menu changed at 6pm++. Poor Jed, we didn't get back hashbrowns for the nigel.


Macbreakfast at 5.55pm? That's good life.


Love, Evelyn

You Might Also Like

1 comments