FOOD! Hi-tea, sushi and cookie baking.

So yesterday I had a really enjoyable time making my first ever batch of poop coloured cookies - learnt that cookie dough shouldn't be so hard and that I definitely need that baking tray that I bought from taobao. I would love to share with you guys my recipe but it's very much flawed.

Here's how I did it aka, a really bullshit recipe,
  1. one egg
  2. flour
  3. white sugar
  4. brown sugar
  5. baking powder
  6. vanilla extract
  7. butter
  8. more flour
  9. damn it jed thats not flour, thats icing sugar
  10. more flour
  11. damn it more flour
  12. more brown sugar
  13. guys we made the spawn of satan halph
  14. eat it and die
We started off quite well actually, everything was in order, the blending of brown sugar and butter, the egg beating.


It all crumbled when I suggested the needing of more flour and sugar - it became really tough chewy not sticky cookie dough, though - we could make our own designs of cookies and that was rather interesting.


I had the help of Jed and Samuel who said that they weren't helpers and more of slaves like the 
ompafuck that willy wonka shit that I don't exactly know how to spell and won't google it. The recipe was a failure and until I get a chewy cookie right, I'm not posting anything in case you guys try and die from cookie choking.


Thanks to the nigel who was taking photos of all these moments or else there would be nothing but words here on this blog post.

The cookies came out nicely looking but hard as rocks - them even look like chocolate rocks but hey, it goes well with tea or milk - thankfully it's still some what edible: I give them a 4/10 score. I need another round here, this is my first time baking cookies.


After the lovely cookie baking session, my mom wanted to meet me for dinner and try out that sushi outlet at Tampines 1 where it was 1.50$ each for a sushi and it was always crowded with people - apparently it's quite empty during the non peak hours so I went along to try it out.

Well the variety isn't so much for me since I don't really like raw sushi but the grilled sushis were really fresh and really delicious to be honest - they taste godly and holy! The sushi there is really fresh but the variety differs most of the time; if you are a salmon lover, prawn lover or anything in between, go for it!


The only food that really got me intrigued was the pudding. 

 

The pudding is covered with this jelly mango-ish tasting top and milky creamy pudding below - IT WAS DELIGHTFUL, JED. TOO BAD YOU COULDN'T JOIN US. 

Their miso soup was rather different too - it's not an ordinary miso soup, it's a salmon miso soup that tastes better once you have a few spoonfuls - it's a little oily though, but I'm guessing it's the salmon oil and fats. Not a huge salmon fan but it's quite alright to drink.


It wasn't too bad overall, not my favourite type of sushis but I will give it a 7/10 - it has good soup and VERY fresh sushi. It's usually crowded so you gotta go when it's not peak hours of 7-8 o clock, the queue gets insane - really insane.


I was overdressed for sushi.


With the weather in Singapore and the thick long sleeved clothes I have - it's difficult to dress up like what I want to without sweating insanely so I'm taking the left of the rainy days to dress up nicely before the haze and sun comes back.



So I read that theres this Hi-tea buffet at fish and co. paid through for students about $15 excluding gst and crap - I mean Fish and Co. is rather expensive to be honest and having unlimited meals for some good food? How could I resist - plus I missed their soup. A whole damn lot.




Hence here's today's awesome buffet session with Jed, Darius, Samuel, my Dad and me - unfortunately, Jed isn't a big eater - bitch doesn't eat much and neither do I. Appreciate we have Darius and Samuel around, at least they eat our share of the money so damn worth it.

It's a buffet from 3-6pm only available at specific outlets - Jurong East and Downtown East; we waddled down to downtown at about 3++ and there wasn't ANYONE THERE AT ALL, I can't believe I thought it was going to be crowded.

Well once again, the Fish and Co. outlet at Downtown isn't so well known and 3:30pm isn't a fabulous time to have lunch: it was nice that there weren't a lot of people. 


Hi-tea with unlimited selected meals and free flow of drinks - heaven for the hungry people and it's considered rather cheap for Fish and co. Buy as many fish and chips as you like - everything is unlimited if you can eat it.

My order of best fish and chips - it's not as big as portion as the normal ones but it's good since it's smallish so I can order more food to eat. YUMS.

Dad's salmon and mashed potatoes - he stole 10% of mine because he thought it was his: hooray! Not that I am a huge mashed potato fan. 

And finally the soup that I love so much, I drank three bowls of it - fish chowder, doesn't taste like fish at all and it's so yummy I swear; I don't understand why Dad doesn't like it. It's chunky and filled with soft carrots.


Worth it if you can eat a lot - not worth if you can barely finish your plate: like me, I had to starve myself for the day lol. Even then I still couldn't eat much. 

It's still ongoing if you want to check it out, until the 25 March (next Tuesday) but it's not valid on weekends; oh poop, poor mom, she could've joined us all.


I didn't take much pictures after Darius came because I was too busy eating - oops.


Outfit of the day - I am not overdressed this round. 

Well these two days have been all about good food - I think I will settle for some nice vegetable rice or chicken rice tomorrow.

Love,
Evelyn

You Might Also Like

0 comments