My acne war (that I have not won)
If you visit this blog occasionally, you should know my battle with acne. I'm currently 23 years old and it's a war I still face every day when I get up and look at myself in the mirror.
I have suffered from horrid acne for a good 10 years of my teenage life, and it doesn't seem to be stopping. I have tried facials, diets, masks, almost every anti-acne product proven to get rid of acne and even the famous NIKS Maple Clinic.

Which turned this:
Into this:


As of now, 12 October 2017, it has been a good three years with NIKS Maple Clinic and of recent, I have had a relapse back into break-out pimple city. It started out with smallish pores two months back after I returned from Bangkok and has now transformed into a crazy red mess.
I am currently afflicted with horrendous looking spots in the front of my face, specifically around the T-zone, chin and mouth area. Pimples have been begun sprouting on my neck (that hasn't happened in 3 years) and it seems to be a non-stop series of eruption.
I have suffered acne for so long, I'd think I would be numb to the number of pimples on my face now, (which is considerably lesser than before) but I'll be honest, I feel terrible. I've been busting my pockets for 3 years because NIKS isn't that cheap lol, it costs me over hundreds to replenish stock and I'm not sure how long I have to keep going with the products.
I visited NIKS a couple of weeks back and missed an appointment with Dr Ong last week (cause of Halloween Horror nights) and am contemplating going to see a polyclinic to obtain oral medication instead of using the topical creams. I'll be frank, at this point of time, even with the help of NIKS, I feel awfully lost. Like this acne is a battle that can't be won. I know it's hormonal acne - the kind that is the most difficult to cure, and I know it's not as bad as it looks, but my heart sinks every time I look into a mirror.
I'm so afraid of more breakouts that I don't even put on makeup anymore in fear that it will cause a clog in my face. I've even been avoiding milk, drinking tons of water and eating fruits, thinking that perhaps a diet change might work. But alas, I am still plagued with pimples.
;; on the positive side, I'm glad my forehead is cleared and clean of any pimples.
Dear readers, I don't know what to do anymore. Please send help ;(



0 comments