NIK MAPLE CLINIC + ACNE SKIN UPDATES
WAVES
been a while since i did one of these but HELLO everyone, here's a quick update on my skin. I've been using NIKS maple clinic products for perhaps a good two and a half years now and so far I've not gone back to having the red pimply blotches on my face. thank heavens (ugh)
HOWEVER, of recent, I am noticing a pattern of pores(?), big and small bumps around my forehead, eye and chin area. They aren't bulbous and red for sure, but they sure are nasty to look at close up. I don't know why I've been getting said bumps but other than that, my cheeks are relatively clean from red ugly pimples like before - kinda like the picture down below.
I'm glad to be rid of that, and I hope it continues to be less of a pain in the future, but right now I'm still trying to figure out whats up with the bumps near my T-zone and eyes and chin. Probably have to go to NIKS Maple Clinic after a good hiatus of a year (hoho) and head down to see whats up. Will update this space when that happens next Monday.
Keep an eye out here!
Update:
Hello!
I'm back from my incredibly lucky trip from NIKS Maple Clinic - why you ask? I was honestly LAZY as all hell, pardon me, to visit the clinic on Monday (yesterday) because I had just came back from an extremely long Malaysia getaway. I didn't want to face the awful morning queue so I decided against waking up way too early and sleeping in. If you guys don't know, Niks Clinic is infamously cROWDED on Monday mornings, trust me, I've been there, done that.
Because Dr Ong has been raved on countless of blogs, articles, forums sites and etc, many flock to visit the clinic on specific dates when shes in. Hence, Monday is usually overcrowded with people of all ages, a snaking queue that makes you wonder if waking up at 8am is worth it.
So yesterday I sort of gave up and went ah I'm not going to queue up at 8am because I'm tired and it's not THAT bad. Samuel came over and out of sheer curiosity, I asked him to help me check if the clinic was crowded - I thought it would be overbooked, but since he was somewhat on the way; I inquired if it was alright for him to take a look.
Lo, and behold. He told me that it wasn't that crowded and he got a number queue ticket for me. I was to head back there in an hour or so for my checkup. I was befuddled. Monday afternoon? Empty? Is it not Dr Ong?
Yes, Samuel assured. It is Dr Ong.
And it dawned on me. I never went on Monday afternoons. I always thought that if their mornings were overbooked, their afternoons would be hell. Apparently, I may be wrong, but I'll get back to that.
Anyway waited for a long while because I thought my number 9 ticket was a number 5, and finally went in to get my face examined. As usual, Dr Ong was cheery and friendly - immediately noticing my breakout pores and pimples, she asked me about my routine and if I was following it. She told me that I was having a breakout because of my oily t-zone. My recent thailand trip + Malaysia trip was the cause of it because I did not take care of my skin with little sleep and water. Pores apparently can take up to 2-3mths to fully appear - gasp.
I gave her my brief run down and she offered me advice. I wasn't using enough of the stevia cream - true, I had been putting on light layers and she advised me to plaster my face with a thicker layer of it. She prescribed me their sun block as well as another cream to put on my T-zone in the morning.
As usual, she told me to sleep earlier, drink more water and USE SUN BLOCK. Yes, Dr Ong I will. She told me to come back in 4 weeks to check on my skin and we bid our farewells.
So right now my face is covered in multiple layers of cream and my pocket is busted from the $160 bill. Cross my fingers it will recover soon, until then, I'll update you guys!
xoxo
evelyn



2 comments