6 things i hate about 6 things
Yo, I don't know about you but I'm feelin' pretty bored with these trends.
It is a normal humid weekend afternoon, you've just finished a good ten percent of your 10 page essay and you sit down on your comfy couch with your laptop on your lap. There's a warm fuzzy buzz as your computer powers on and it's white familiar glow caresses your face. You open up your web browser, relishing the happy clicking of your fingers when your eyes drift ahead and lock onto something that has caught your attention.
But has it really?
Do you really want to know 6 types of alternative fashion trends that will shock and amaze you? Do you really?
Truth is, we probably don't. BUT, we're going to click on that click bait-y title and picture, shake our heads at the content within it, maybe even ponder about it's existence and maybe our own existence within this universe, close the window and stumble upon another.
Is there substance in what you've read? Possibly not. Is it bite sized news that you can easily swallow but have no inclination to read more about? Probably yes. So yes we know the 6 types of alternative fashion - yay for knowledge but is it really applicable? Really?
The AMOUNT of "7 things" shit I see online is really truly starting to bother me just a tad bit. Are we really going to just copy and paste this viral trend until it's fully milked out? I'm glad people like to read (or scan) nowadays but is it really just to continuously see articles merely scraping the surface of a topic? No more in depth explanation? No more fun story time? Just 7 types of stereotypical things with comical GIFS or really silly photographs that aren't even related?
Is it the click bait or is it the algorithm that has plagued your screen?
Is it the number of popular sites just continuously using that sort of title?
I get it. We are in the era of lifestyle articles and trends. According to Maslows Hierarchy of needs, we're probably in the section where our wants become a damn necessity. Apparently cafe hopping, adventuring and exploring becomes more important that ever having an idea of buying a house in the future. Self realization is always good. Introspection is my favorite thing to do to wind down a day of hard research.
I can sit here and type about how much I feel these "6 types" of articles have no originality at all. Then again, I don't either. Self-fulfillment era isn't necessarily bad. Then again it's not good either. Isn't it subjective? Be-careful what you say, the political correct police are always watching.
This post has no body, no title, no conclusion.
But you aren't exactly here for something educational are you? You just scanned through all of that to realize the superfluous nature of this post.
Maybe these are the 6 things I hate about 6 things.



0 comments