It's time to get lighter

Spoiler alert, this has nothing to do with my skin or my weight

HELLO MY FRIENDS, glad you are still here! I'm just a few more subscribers away from reaching my 1k milestone on my Youtube channel so if you guys have not subscribed - PLEASE DO BECAUSE EVELYN'S ROAD TO 1K SUBS HAS FINALLY COME after I recently just started up my Youtube Channel back up last December! 

After much thought about it, LIKE REALLY. MUCH AFTER THOUGHT ABOUT IT, I am deciding honestly, to just go to a damn salon to get my hair done. Like lighten the shit out of it, bleach the fuck out of it - really just gonna go for it. READ THIS FOR MORE CONTEXT

For those who are too lazy to read, for the most of my kid-teenage years I've always wanted to go blonde - a lighter hue - something really bright because I'm obviously not bright enough (that's not a pun on my skin tone but okay) I BLEACHED MY HAIR BEFORE, in fact, I bleached that a good three damn times in the past. 

My first round of bleach was done on my virgin ass hair with a god-forsaken $10 bleach it yourself DIY box set and okay, it actually didn't turn out THAT bad because I barely put it for 10-15minutes and my hair remained pretty undamaged and did actually turn lighter. 

I don't have pictures for my second time bleaching because I completely botched it with like two boxes of $10 DIY box dyes and created like the most patchy-looking brown blonde hair ever. I think I was on the verge of a fucking mental breakdown so I went ahead and just dyed my hair black - even still, I was quite insistent on getting myself my bleached hair. 

So I went for a third round, and because my hair got really damaged from the patchy gross box bleach plus a round of BLACK hair dye mind you, the hair salon suggested blonde highlights. 


Once again, not the most brilliant ideas of mine. 

I could continue harping on it, tbh but there's no point crying over spilled milk. I had shit decisions when I was a kid and I didn't managed to get my hair any lighter than a good shade of honey brown. BECAUSE I was reluctant to cut it out, I let it grow and cut it out annually - A SLOW PAINFUL PROCESS UNTIL I finally went from this: 


To this: 


That's right, I finally chopped off all my damaged bleached ends - and now my hair is some-what back to normal. I also recently dyed it to a cherry-pink color which is unfortunately fading off right now - it looks more brown than ever, sigh.


I am right now, making a decision to go lighter, like WAYYYY LIGHTER because I had never been able to do that because of my stupid silly impatient child-self. I AM GOING TO DO IN-DEPTH RESEARCH and actually for once, going to a damn salon to do it. In which case, I am actually, case in point (right now) doing research on the salons in Singapore that offer good bleaching services/vibrant hair colour services and have narrowed it down to a few. 

Can't wait till Octobers' over so I can finally get myself a brand new set of coloured hairrrrrrrrr.


xoxo
evelyn

You Might Also Like

2 comments