NEW CAMERA + JB QUICK CAFE HOP
HELLO! I'm back again.
well to be honest i never really left anyway LEL
So the reason for being so impeccably in my timely blog today is due to a small tech object that I have officially come to love (not saying my DSLR is not my bae but) - G7X! I have no pictures because I'm probably lazy to take them but HECK MY CAMERA IS AMAZING. So recently, I've been eyeing this baby for quite a while and actually went to the EXPO to try to obtain the G7X Mark II for myself HOWEVER, due to the high demand, the damn camera was sold out by the time we got there ugh.
Thankfully, I found a seller on carousel that was selling the G7X, not mark II by the way, that was pretty cheap with an extra original battery and an extended warranty. MY DAD, my dear lovely Dad decided to get it! "It's not for you," says Dad, "It's ours." And then proceeds to give me the biggest stink eye ever.
STILL.
Now with my trusty handheld camera, I can shoot for photos and videos easily! Again, not hating on my (Dad gives me another stink eye and says "OURS") DSLR, but it's relatively heavy because of it's interchangeable lenses. I've got smol hands. Like really small tiny baby hands. Honestly, rn even holding the G7X is a little bit of an issue but it's awfully lighter and easier to carry around compared to my DSLR.
I'm so glad we got it. Here's to more photos and videos - i hope.
In the meantime, we actually headed down to Johor Bahru to test out the camera - as well as cafe hop! A few months back, I headed there with Shirleen and we had the most jolliest of fun so I decided to share the love. Jed and Sam have never been down to the cafe hot spot in JB so I decided to drag them. Note I said drag. Sam wanted waffles at the mall and Jed was scared about JB being dingy.
Unfortunately, because of the horrible timing and clumsy queuing, we didn't have a lot of time to go around to cafe hop! We headed to the Replacement Cafe as well as the Kone Ice cream Cafe, we also had a quick food testing at the famous Chicken Chop @ IT Roo! Nevertheless, because of the time restraint, I didn't have a lot of time to take photographs. I will do a more detailed cafe hopping post in the later days after my USS HNN with the G7X but till then, let the pictures do the talking!
First off, in the drizzle, we headed down to a rather crowded Replacement cafe where a ton of other Singaporeans had gone to shelter from the rain! Managed to get a small seat and we all ordered some snacks and drinks!



I love how minimalist and white the interior decor is.

I had the eggs benny because heck, the last time I came here with Shirleen, the eggs benedicts tasted scrumptious. It never fails to please, even up till today.


Eggs Benny
I ordered a glass of something called the Red ranger, a smoothie drink mixed with beetroot, lemon, apple, carrot and other fruits - at first I thought it was going to taste organically gross (im not a fan of beetroot tbh) BUT THE DRINK WAS AMAZING. You can barely taste the beetroot. It's refreshing with a zetsy lemon aftertaste. Highly recommended. Seriously.

Red Ranger
Sam got him a good cuppa mocha and he had bought the famous banana cake from Hiap Joo bakery and mein gott, it's fucking delicious. Mocha or Banana cake? You ask. BOTH.

Hot Mocha

Jed got himself churros. His name is I-am-going-to-be-diabetic-one-day-by-eating-caramel-raw.

Salted-egg Caramel Churros
He agrees.

AND WHAT BETTER WAY TO TEST OUT THE CAMERA BY TAKING SHIT LOADS OF SELFIES. I am sorry, this is what happens if you have a good ass camera, your hair on fleek and you're deck in full pastel.




The water bottles they used were adorable. Jed begged to differ and said it looked like chloroform bottles.




After the short snack, the boys went to get a heavier meal. Headed to the It Roo restaurant that looked amazingly like some diner! Famous chicken chop, here we come!




Verdict? I actually think my egg tastes better.


Jed bought a ridiculously cheap egg and chips set.

Now that I think about it, we've been eating eggs constantly that whole damn day.
If you do have time to walk around the area, there's a bunch of photo-worthy shots you can take! Unfortunately for us, time wasn't on our side - well at least there was enough for an ice-cream break.




There's a cafe RIGHT BESIDE REPLACEMENT that's called Kone! It's a very pastel-looking building, you can't miss it. And holy crap, I was coincidentally wearing the same damn colours as the ice cream parlor. You're damn right i'm going in.


Furnished in pastel colours, Kone has a very unique way of designing their two storey ice-cream cafe!


I mean there's a section that sells clothes!


Lighting check. Background check. Ice-cream?

LOOK AT IT! It's actually stacked under a cup of dry ice that fizzles and creates smoke. That's some creative way of getting ice cream.

We got the macha set with toppings! Inside the soft serve, there's cereal and mochi!!! Delicious, can't wait to try again. The macha doesn't taste fake, it's rich and creamy but the real cherry on top were the mochi balls! It could be just me, I do like my chewy mochis.

AND ANOTHER ROUND OF SELFIES BECAUSE NEW CAMERA, MY RULES.


But honestly, just look at how clear the quality is! It's a hand-held camera that has DSLR standards. THANK YOU JAPAN.



Once again, because of the lack of time, we had to go back! It was a pleasant experience even with the drizzle of rain. I will definitely go back to this little corner of JB to cafe hop - prolly earlier to take more photos and to explore more around the area!
AND NOW TIME TO SIGN OFF WITH MY FAVORITE PICTURE OF YESTERDAY!

It's doge.
See you guys soon, hopefully with a more detailed post on JB cafe hopping!
xoxo
evelyn
** the pictures are brilliant omg thanks dad



0 comments