Lets talk about feminism
HELLO MY LIL BUNNIES
i'm sorry its been a little dead here on my blog but im focusing on my youtube channel
Acknowledging my shameless self promotion once more, I'm here today to just talk about feminism. (OH NO NOT AGAIN SHES GONNA GO ALL PC AND SHIT) yes, sorry guys but I just really need to give you guys an outlook about feminism because the line between superiority and equality is uncannily thin - how I've seen many posts about feminism but unfortunately it's all wrong and unjust. That is why people are starting to HATE on feminists.
As you guys have probably heard, feminism comes in waves - four strong waves in fact, and honestly as far as these waves go, people ride on it in different ways. Who's to say who is right and who is wrong? The idea of female "power" is starting to waver off it's supposed track, why do we do what we do? Is it because we are portraying this in a wrong light?
"Female privilege" is used for the wrong forms. "We must get our food paid by the men, it's our right." That isn't feminism.
We are taking this given power the wrong way around. Instead of equality, it becomes superiority: even women get put down by other women because their expression of feminism is different from the other. Whilst some might agree that the support for women is unduly increasing through heaps and heaps of new age media, people tend to forget what the hell feminism is supposed to be about and start getting blinded by the absolutist "support all women!" "women are ALL right" "men need to be put down" argument. It becomes sexism.
Just because a larger group of females deem themselves as feminists, it does not give you the right to overrule the other gender. Lets be rude and insolent to men because they have done shit to us - the mindset was supposed to be 'respectful and kind to all genders no matter what'. It's not about avenging the misogyny that happened in the past, it's supposed to be about acceptance and equality.
It's absolutely not considered 'fair' to hit men because men can hit woman. Ka-pish? In fact why are we even thinking about hitting others regardless of gender?
Honestly, modern feminism has gone utterly wrong.
Yes I agree that all women should be protected; to have a safe environment, to be treated fairly and equally and not endure the misogyny and sexism BUT AS CRAZY AS THIS SOUNDS, not all men are bad either. We have gotten overly defensive.
Something bad has happened! I KNOW, let's blame it on the patriarchy!
It's crazy but I've been there and I've only just realized what a dick I've become. Yes I've been catcalled multiple of times and laughed at because I'm doing things that only MEN can do and these men belittle me, I feel distraught whenever guys compliment and it takes me a lot of effort to hold back any sort of judgement towards them because of all the horrid wolf whistling that I've endured.
It's harassment? Is it not harassment?
It's crazy but it's happening.
Basically: I need feminism because I'm insecure.
I am not hating on feminists, in fact I would even call myself a feminist because I believe in equality of all genders, all sexuality, all races. Feminism has even go so far as to call out other women for being misogynistic because we don't believe in superiority of women over men. Spreading your legs too wide? That's a crime and it's a war against feminism.
In fact, as the world evolves, honestly females are getting a more brighter outlook than compared to the past - we are moving forward albeit a little bit slower than expected but nonetheless it is better than nothing.
Some people ask:
"Female privilege" is used for the wrong forms. "We must get our food paid by the men, it's our right." That isn't feminism.
We are taking this given power the wrong way around. Instead of equality, it becomes superiority: even women get put down by other women because their expression of feminism is different from the other. Whilst some might agree that the support for women is unduly increasing through heaps and heaps of new age media, people tend to forget what the hell feminism is supposed to be about and start getting blinded by the absolutist "support all women!" "women are ALL right" "men need to be put down" argument. It becomes sexism.
Just because a larger group of females deem themselves as feminists, it does not give you the right to overrule the other gender. Lets be rude and insolent to men because they have done shit to us - the mindset was supposed to be 'respectful and kind to all genders no matter what'. It's not about avenging the misogyny that happened in the past, it's supposed to be about acceptance and equality.
It's absolutely not considered 'fair' to hit men because men can hit woman. Ka-pish? In fact why are we even thinking about hitting others regardless of gender?
Honestly, modern feminism has gone utterly wrong.
Yes I agree that all women should be protected; to have a safe environment, to be treated fairly and equally and not endure the misogyny and sexism BUT AS CRAZY AS THIS SOUNDS, not all men are bad either. We have gotten overly defensive.
Something bad has happened! I KNOW, let's blame it on the patriarchy!
It's crazy but I've been there and I've only just realized what a dick I've become. Yes I've been catcalled multiple of times and laughed at because I'm doing things that only MEN can do and these men belittle me, I feel distraught whenever guys compliment and it takes me a lot of effort to hold back any sort of judgement towards them because of all the horrid wolf whistling that I've endured.
It's harassment? Is it not harassment?
It's crazy but it's happening.
Basically: I need feminism because I'm insecure.
I am not hating on feminists, in fact I would even call myself a feminist because I believe in equality of all genders, all sexuality, all races. Feminism has even go so far as to call out other women for being misogynistic because we don't believe in superiority of women over men. Spreading your legs too wide? That's a crime and it's a war against feminism.
In fact, as the world evolves, honestly females are getting a more brighter outlook than compared to the past - we are moving forward albeit a little bit slower than expected but nonetheless it is better than nothing.
Some people ask:
‘Why the word feminist? Why not just say you are a believer in human rights, or something like that?’ Because that would be dishonest. Feminism is, of course, part of human rights in general—but to choose to use the vague expression human rights is to deny the specific and particular problem of gender. It would be a way of pretending that it was not women who have, for centuries, been excluded. It would be a way of denying that the problem of gender targets women. That the problem was not about being human, but specifically about being a female human. For centuries, the world divided human beings into two groups and then proceeded to exclude and oppress one group. It is only fair that the solution to the problem acknowledge that.
— Chimamanda Adichie, “We Should All Be Feminists”
These "activists" whose "feminist" world views necessitates a dim view of mankind. Branding males as "creepy", "gross", "disgusting" without any sort of explanation, as they post candid photos of men online. It's an assumption of what the male is thinking based on their generalization of how all men stare at women because they are lustful."Feminists" have made obviously inaccurate judgement about an entire demographic based on nothing more than their gender and ironically, this exact practice they claim to be fighting.
It's all about male-bashing these days.
We used to fight for freedom of all women to do whatever they please with their bodies and now, feminists campaign for women to only be allowed to do things with their bodies that middle class feminists approve of. How is it even equality?
I'm peeved off because people take it the wrong way. It's getting crazy how you can simply shame men because they looked at you for a second, and just because there is a huge supporting group of third wave feminists, this inaccurate blame shame game is shared to the world and deemed as "all men are disgusting creatures". The delusional mindset that men are just waiting to pounce on you isn't even fair anymore.
Let's just hope the fourth wave reverts all this bullshit back to what we were truly fighting for.




0 comments