COSPLAY REMAKE?
Hello my little oddballs!
I am honestly sincerely apologetic about my absence from this blog for the past few weeks/months! But as you guys can see, I'm active on my youtube channel - hence the sudden emptiness here on my blog, but heyheyhey here I am again! It's the 27th of December and the New Year is coming in: this calls for a random happy playful blog post before I start getting serious on New Year's eve as I recall this year's major tragedies and best parts!
As you guys know, I cosplay. Yes that's right. I don't go to events and I don't call myself a habitual cosplayer, but I do cosplay from time to time and I decided to incorporate that into my youtube channel! I do photoshoots with still photos but with the oncoming slaught of new camera equipment, I thought it would be more interesting with a videoshoot instead! And what better to do this video cosplay shoot thing with one of my favourite characters that I first cosplayed: Deidara.
BEFORE I CONTINUE, I LOOKED HORRENDOUS WITH MY OLD DEIDARA COSPLAYS HONESTLY AND THE NEXT FEW PHOTOS ARE GOING TO BE THE MOST EMBARRASSING THINGS YOU'VE EVER SEEN IN YOUR LIFE. How did I manage to leave the house and go for events I will never know.
Now back to the story of my Deidara cosplay.
BEFORE I CONTINUE, I LOOKED HORRENDOUS WITH MY OLD DEIDARA COSPLAYS HONESTLY AND THE NEXT FEW PHOTOS ARE GOING TO BE THE MOST EMBARRASSING THINGS YOU'VE EVER SEEN IN YOUR LIFE. How did I manage to leave the house and go for events I will never know.
Now back to the story of my Deidara cosplay.
If you know me from Secondary school, you'll know my intense obsession with Naruto's akatsuki group: I had pencil cases, wallets and phone covers all made from that little cutesy red cloud that depicts death and doom and PERIL. Plus i've always had this thing for the bad guys: it's called sharing the same kind of disdain towards people in general.
Anyway, when I first stepped into the cosplay world, the first cosplays I did were from the Naruto Shippuden series - both Itachi and Deidara. (Honestly the only reason I cosplayed Itachi was because he was mostly covered and I was a newbie without makeup) I completely am humiliated by my old Deidara cosplay because for fuck's sake I wasn't good with makeup at all and my Deidara was basically the ugliest hunky wtf piece of work ever even though he's one of my favourite characters in the world, ever.
He was the second or third cosplay I did: I even bought the wig from some cosplay.com shit that seemed dingy as hell, along with the inner set and used up my clay that I was saving to create another cat sculpture. Do note that I wasn't trained in the makeup department when I first started out cosplaying so my eyeliner skills are shittier than a three year old (though i believe now three year olds can put on makeup much better than I can)
Every time I look at my eyeliner work I cry to sleep.
I basically had the world's shittiest eyeliner job done and had no clue how to use a $2.50 random black eyeliner pencil thing from a random shop and smudged it all over my eyes because I'm just so done with makeup - also no foundation or anything whatsoever because I AM A CHILD, I HAVE NO MONEY FOR GOOD MAKEUP. PLUS I couldn't stuff contact lenses into my eyes yet, so I make do with what I had.
I ruined my first Deidara wig by trying to comb it and condition it with random hair soap. Beautiful job done.

Hey but A+ for effort right?
Anyway, I ruined my wig and got myself a new old because I was dying to perfect this character so bad: even I know I sucked shit with it lol. Bought a new Deidara wig but never manage to get the eyeliner right either. Hey, at least I looked good from afar.
I even dragged Jed into it. (but in my defense, the bro liked to be tobi)
And if I'm not wrong, I cosplayed this for my last ever event that I will ever go before me and my cousin started our cosplaying together. I even managed to pull over and made my own "akatsuki" group for the event lol wtf evelyn, you fucking weeabo piece of crap.
Well at least now I'll have memories of how dank my Deidara cosplay was and I did not even give him credit for being awesome. Art is a bang my ass. (geddit)
In the end, I cut my blonde wig, sold my cloaks and left myself to rot sadly at a corner, thinking that hey maybe I can photoshop my old cosplays to be better? (nope, by the way, nothing can save bad eyeliner jobs lol)
BUT AH-HAH. In my recent adventures back into the dank darkness of Naruto (lol fuck u madara) I realized my love for Deidara still has not faded, and I really should give the artist the credit he deserves or rather myself, the credit I deserve because I did not do a decent job of my favourite character in the universe (I even managed to pull off Sasori better, screw u Pinocchio)

The fact that it has been in my bucketlist to re-cosplay the old shitty ones that I did before, I thought maybe it would be a good thing to scratch it off before I die one day; plus I can test out how well my cosplay fits into my many random vlog videos. So I got myself a wig and a bunch of my old cloaks back and decided to do this remaking cosplay bucket list thing because literally, YOLO.
Also I have a huge ego and I don't want people to look at my old Deidara cosplays and go "ew that's your favourite cosplay character? It's so BAD. just like your english LALW"
SO IT'S TIME TO SCRATCH IT OFF THE BUCKETLIST. HELLO DEIDARA, WE MEET AGAIN. Btw my fucking eyeliner is ON POINT this round and I look hella good. 10/10 would bang, get it? THANK YOU TAOBAO FOR THE GOOD DARN SALES.
I am squealing at the fact that I don't look as bad as I did before. Well done evelyn, you did it. Now to master videography with cosplay: hooray. Also my camera flipped the photographs, don't be a titty and nitpick, my hair is on the left side.
Now let's do a before after comparison:
BEFORE
AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER
I think at least I did some kinda decent job. Now, on to the video planning, so excited for it to be honest, I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a blast to work on.
Alright, till the New years!
xoxo
evelyn
(happy merry belated christmas guys)



0 comments