Taipei homestay! (XINMENDING) 西門町民宿《 丸太家》
HELLO THERE MY FURRY FOREST FRIENDS!
did you miss me? probably not
I recently just flew back from Taiwan - by recent I mean last week - and I had a blast there because it was my virgin travel trip with my cousin as well as my first ever step into Taiwan! We went there to scare Kimberly and spend some time with her and I positively glad everything turned out pretty well! YOU ARE WELCOME KIM! AHAHHAHA
In my opinion, the main reason why the trip was so easygoing with absolutely no bumps in the road - was the HOMESTAY. As a person with limited knowledge of basic Chinese: mind you Taipei's chinese is traditional chinese, makes that two times worse for me, I was worried about exactly finding my way around.
Taipei, in all honesty, is really truly easy to navigate. The fact that our homestay was like a 5 minute walk down to the MRT station made it even better.
Introducing 西門町民宿《 丸太家》!
Making our lives hassle free, the booking, confirming and comfort of the homestay was amazing. We booked through facebook a week before our trip and paid a deposit of $45 SGD through paypal - the rest was paid after we've reached the place.
![]() |
| photo credit to them because my photos don't do justice, I SWEAR |

For the entire stay of five days and four nights, it cost us both 8000TWD which is roughly 350SGD, considerably cheaper than a hotel as well since we were living near the city area of Ximending. I like how we basically don't have to pay up straight unlike hotel bookings!
My cousin communicated through whatsapp with the homestay owner: and MY he was indeed truly efficient. As firstcomers to the land of Taiwan, we were lost and confused at the MRT station, trying to find the homestay but the owner had kindly taken the time to meet up with us, take us to the homestay whilst introducing good food places nearby for us, and even offering help if we ever got lost.
We picked the homestay room called the 很多燈籠房 basically for 2-3 people to stay in and it basically CAME WITH EVERYTHING.

We picked the room specifically because it had a washing and drying machine, but we were so surprised to find out that even detergent and softener were provided for us! Even shampoo, body wash and facial soap were sitting nicely in the bathroom; not to forget to mention it was complete with a hairdryer, rolls of plastic bags, 3 tissue boxes, even insect repellent all nicely tucked into a cupboard under the sink.
That's right guys, they even have a dishwashing sponge and soap - AND AnD AND a water dispenser that can dispense either hot or cold water and it lasted it for all five days even as we continuously topped up our water bottles.
The owner even offered to get things for us if we were in any need of anything - he told us to just drop him a whatsapp message and he would gladly help as much as he could, I mean on the last day, we were supposed to check out by 12 - but our flight was a 8PM FLIGHT - so we asked the owner if we could stay a lil bit longer and he agreed! HES SO NICE OMG I CANT EVEN!

I love how cosy the entire room is so much so that insomniac evelyn can fall asleep easily throughout all the four days that we stayed over at. The sofa is comfortable as heck by the way - it's like my ticket to slumber land.
Did I forget to mention that our homestay is RIGHT UNDERNEATH A CAFE? With 24 hour 7-11s and family marts, the homestay is nearby quite a number of breakfast shops as well as the famous taiwan bubble tea (it's called 50 something, I can't read chinese, I'm sorry)
Also it's rather selfie and ootd worth - even the outside of the homestay.
As well as the inside!
+ Great location
+ AMAZING FREE WIFI
+ 24 HOUR MARTS everywhere
+ easily accessible
+ SUPER COMFY
+ amazing well mannered owner
+ NECESSITIES PROVIDED
+ COMFORT AND SAFETY A+
With all that in mind, I will gladly rate this homestay as a 10/5 stars!!! ***********
That's right guys, I'm that impressed and I am rarely impressed at hotels considering the fact that I'm a huge insomniac when it comes to sleeping anywhere else other than my own home. To think I had such restful nights - this homestay gotta be the bomb, either that or I was drugged to sleep by vodka.
The owner is SUPER FRIENDLY AND WELL MANNERED, so do not worry.
Also guys, if you actually check their facebook albums, they HAVE MORE THAN ONE TYPE OF ROOM: if you have a bigger group travelling to Taiwan, do not fear - there are rooms such as 黑熊厲害房(4人)



OR the 丸太家番外篇 (4-6 people)



They bought me over with the fact that they had cutesy rooms of all kinds - the fact that everything was truly easy going - we were quite glad that the price isn't too expensive, in fact it's rather affordable for about 70$ per night. (divide by two and it's like 35$
If you guys are looking for a place to stay in Taiwan, and you don't mind staying at the Xinmending city area, do check this place out. I highly highly recommend it to anyone who wishes to have the most amazing pleasant stay ever!
You can find them on their facebook here:
In in nutshell, this place is truly amazing and it made my first trip to Taiwan extremely memorable - thank you so much Maruta Home! Thank their washing machine for washing away all that damnable tofu smell from the nightmarket too lol.
Before I forget, if you guys want a video room tour of the place check out my latest vlog that will be up this Friday, right here on my youtube channel!
Till next time guys!
xoxo
evelyn




0 comments