The Huskitory at Taman Asean, Malacca!




HEYO my lovely forest creatures!

So this took me a while BECAUSE I VLOGGED ABOUT IT HERE on my channel! If you rather watch than read, go ahead and click on that link, all my malacca trips will be up by this Friday! Whoopie!

So basically this has been a long time coming, ever since my cousin, Michelle, told me about the amazing husky cafe that popped out recently in Malacca (i've been dying to go there since) and after many rather sad dog cafe trips I had here in Singapore, I was a little wary of how the husky cafe in Malacca would be like. 

Overcrowding with too many people and no time to even pet the dogs? Unreliable and really honestly overall bad customer service (that one dog cafe i went for my birthday, ugh)? What if the husky cafe there isn't my cuppa tea (again)?

I WAS COMPLETELY WRONG.
The huskitory is the most AMAZING DOGDARN PLACE EVER.


I honestly regret not bringing my DSLR. (don't worry though, I'll be back soon enough)


Located at Taman Asean, Malacca, it's just a 10-15minute drive from the town area! If you need a map, you can check out their facebook page here!

Initially, we read up on the different blogs that went up to the cafe and they all stated that we had to make a reservation because the place is usually crowded (especially on weekends), because during their feeding times at 5pm - 7pm and 8pm - 10pm there will be a bountiful frolicking session of ALL their husky dogs!

If you want to see all of their pups, I would suggest you to reserve a spot during their feeding times where you get to play with their huskies (ALL OF THEM AHHH) and sometimes you even get to see other dogs like golden retrievers - gosh it's paradise in there.

However, Michelle and I visited at 2pm ish and only two fluffy husky dogs were there - good enough though, the place was rather emptied out and we had the chance to snap and pat the dogs and enjoy the lovely atmosphere of the place.


IT WAS AN AMAZING TRIP, now here let me tell you why - the moment we entered the cooling cafe, a husky was just sitting there nicely, waiting for our arrival! How cute is that?

welcome weff

I LOVE HOW THE CAFE SMELLS BY THE WAY - this probably sounds weird but think about it, usually some dog cafes have that rather pungent wet dog smell (or poo smell ugh) but the huskitory was fresh as a daisy and smelt amazing (of cakes and mocha mmyum)

Entered and took a seat at the far end, and noticed there were two huskies, one smaller pup and the fabulous furred kid who waited at the door for us - feeling so excited and blessed that we were finally there and had a seat as the two huskies started to frolic around and derp like all dogs do.

Say hello to Candy and Grey! Candy is the bigger sized one and Grey is the pup!


The staff handed us a menu with the rules and regulations of the cafe as well as the different types of foods we can order! Might I just add, you have bought me over with the rather creative menu you have there, I used to be obsessed with clapper boards (blame film).


Their menu basically consists of both human and dog food so you can bring your fur friends over for a play session as well as lunch! 

And the star surprise (for me) was their layered cakes! Look that them lovely treats for me yassss. Wanted to order the yogurt raspberry but it was out of stock, so we got the classic vanilla! Ordered up our little lunch snackem and took out our cameras to shoot.


Oh by the way, for all that, it was only $12 SGD! Can you freaking imagine? Limitless hours of puppy playing and good food only for $12! Heaven in a cafe I swear.




Such a natural model, aren't you. The exact moment captured when the cake was introduced!

The cake arrived and so did these really greedy dogs, but I kinda expected that already - its exactly how Betsy is like whenever you eat food near here.

can i haz some pls


There was a Pomeranian puppy that was passed to us to play with/hold onto and needless to say, the puppy wasn't too keen on being held for so long, it started teething on poor Michelle hhahahahaha.


 Not too long after, our drinks came as well and the dogs got really excitable about it more than us.

 

Here come the funny part, as Michelle was struggling with the baby puppy who was reluctant to be held by anyone, the two other greedy dogs were swarming our table, sniffing around, as I balanced the cake plate in one hand, and holding the camera in the other - the horror happened.


I AM FURY I AM THE NIGHT




Just look at Candy, swarming our table for food.

I tried to save Michelle from the angsty Pomeranian, only to realize what a beautiful mistake I made - I placed the cake down on the table and left it to the hungry sharks that swam around our table. Needless to say, as I grabbed the white puppy off Michelle, Candy, the ever opportunist, took a big bite out of our Vanilla layered cake.


Yup. Well done, Candy.

After that we learnt to keep an eagle eye on our snacks because these dogs, ever so cutely, love to eat so much. Enough said, I'll let the pictures talk as the hour passed and people left and we had the place mostly to ourselves.

Honestly, the service here is amazing because we were a bit shy lah to keep hogging the dogs so we just sat there and waited for the dogs to come by; and one of the staff came over and told us that it's okay to go over and pat the dogs instead of just sitting there.

I mean yeS I KNOW it's a dog cafe you are supposed to pat the dog but we were kinda shy and awkward and the guy who basically nudged us over, saying it's alright, really made me feel comfortable and showed me the friendliness of the cafe's customer service.

Truly makes you feel right at home with these brilliant husky dogs that never seem to run out of energy 


Not only that; you know how Singaporeans love to hog the cafe because it's unlimited? Well, I'm honestly glad that we even had the chance to take so many photographs and videos of the dogs and the place because I tried to do that in Singapore and man it's usually other people holding the dogs and not letting go.

Hello white girls, please catch on okay.

this is what you get for eating my cake
Candy got a time out for snatching someone else's cake lol.


We overstayed our welcome a little but we were waiting for my uncle to drive us back - but the place started to get filled up at around 4pm ish! Headed off but I do have to say, this is one of the most amazing pet cafes I've been to, which serve pretty good cakes and have brilliant customer service - atmosphere is great and I love how the staff interact with both their customers as well as their dogs! 

There is so much love here, I'm so definitely coming back again the next round, probably for feeding time where I can PAT ALL THE DOGES.

Did I forget to mention that the huskitory is not only a dog cafe, but is also a pet store?!


They sell all kinds of doggy toys and snacks - alongside bathing supplies and etc! If I'm not wrong they also have dogs for you to adopt from time to time (AHHHH but cannot bring back to Singapore okay) 

9.5/10 for the service here and everything else (i would put 10/10 but i have not seen feeding time) and if you guys are ever around Malacca, do come check this place out (PLEASE MAKE RESERVATIONS)! Opened from Tuesdays to Sundays from 12.30pm to 10.30pm!

A definite must come by attraction for all families and friends! Do check out their facebook for more information: https://www.facebook.com/huskitory/info/?tab=page_info

  • 27, JALAN TAMAN ASEAN,
    TAMAN ASEAN, 75250 Malacca City, Malaysia 


Well till next time guys! Thank you for reading, and thank you huskitory staff for making our stay so welcomed!

xoxo
evelyn

You Might Also Like

0 comments