BIORÉ UV AQUA RICH WATERY GEL sponsored post
HELLO MY LOVELY WOODLAND CREATURES
there is a reason why i'm named little red cap afterall
Honestly, tell me; how many of you are earnestly lazy to put on sunblock? No, wait, don't tell me - I'm pretty sure with all the rush and hustle of the Singaporean rat race, most of us barely even have time to shower. (eeks)
Or it could just be you, Evelyn. You are just wayyy too torpid.
Here's a thing though, I used to find sunblock an extreme hassle to put on - like I already have a ton of skincare on, I don't think I need extra sunblock, now, do I?
HOWEVER, did you know? Prolonged exposure to the sun’s UV rays without proper protection can cause permanent effects such as premature skin ageing, wrinkles & freckles, as well as, various skin damages like discolouration, sallowness, dryness. WHICH LEADS TO BAD SKIN.
Even on youtube, we have makeup guru vloggers always harping on how important sunblock is and how it protects our skin. HOW SO? You ask, narrowing your eyes and judging me because I am a person who doesn't put sunblock often because I'm lazy. Darn it evelyn. Well, it's time for a sciency lesson kids. (I'm bad at science.)
Basically the most damaging of UV rays (Ultraviolet Radiation(UV) is simply one form of energy coming from the sun) can be classified into two different wavelengths - the UVA and UVB.
UVA rays penetrate into the deeper layers of our skin as compared to UVB rays, and are also the dominant tanning ray. Which in simple terms is even if you are indoors your skin continues to be exposed to evil UVA rays which can cause cumulative damage such as wrinkling and skin ageing.
On the other hand, UVB rays cause the most damage to the outer layer of skin such as reddening of skin and sunburns. Without proper protection, prolonged exposure to UVB rays can cause long-term damage to skin’s epidermal layers. Ouch.
Reported April 2015 – A 2014 Benchmark Survey commissioned by Kao Singapore revealed a surprising find - that only 30% of women between the age of 12 and 49 years old use a sunscreen daily.
Even with the introduction of more sun care products, the number has startlingly remained unchanged.
With the terrible sweltering sun that we face everyday because there's no such thing as winter in Singapore (don't tell me snow city, that was depressing), it's really crucial that we protect our skin both indoors and outdoors.
Now with the new Biore's aqua rich sunscreen, I can't go anywhere without it! I absolutely love it and I'm definitely bringing this overseas with me since I'm travelling off soon!
Sunscreen products are rated based on two rating systems, known as the Skin Protection Factor (SPF) and the PA rating system. Basically, the SPF rating determines the duration of time your skin stays protected against UVB rays from the sun, and the PA rating is a Japanese rating system that shows how much protection you are receiving against UVA rays. The higher the number of pluses, the greater the protection against UVA rays.
Currently, the highest standard of PA protection in the industry is PA++++.
Example: SPF50 x 20mins = 1000mins of protection from UVB (equivalent to 16 hours of protection)
A sunscreen with the rating of SPF50 is sufficient coverage, as it blocks up to 98 percent of UVB rays from penetrating into skin. By the way, anything higher than a SPF50 rating compromises on the texture of the sunscreen, making it heavier and greasier when applied to skin.
Or it could just be you, Evelyn. You are just wayyy too torpid.
Here's a thing though, I used to find sunblock an extreme hassle to put on - like I already have a ton of skincare on, I don't think I need extra sunblock, now, do I?
HOWEVER, did you know? Prolonged exposure to the sun’s UV rays without proper protection can cause permanent effects such as premature skin ageing, wrinkles & freckles, as well as, various skin damages like discolouration, sallowness, dryness. WHICH LEADS TO BAD SKIN.
In extreme cases they can also lead to skin cancer? (gasp)
Even on youtube, we have makeup guru vloggers always harping on how important sunblock is and how it protects our skin. HOW SO? You ask, narrowing your eyes and judging me because I am a person who doesn't put sunblock often because I'm lazy. Darn it evelyn. Well, it's time for a sciency lesson kids. (I'm bad at science.)
Basically the most damaging of UV rays (Ultraviolet Radiation(UV) is simply one form of energy coming from the sun) can be classified into two different wavelengths - the UVA and UVB.
UVA rays penetrate into the deeper layers of our skin as compared to UVB rays, and are also the dominant tanning ray. Which in simple terms is even if you are indoors your skin continues to be exposed to evil UVA rays which can cause cumulative damage such as wrinkling and skin ageing.
On the other hand, UVB rays cause the most damage to the outer layer of skin such as reddening of skin and sunburns. Without proper protection, prolonged exposure to UVB rays can cause long-term damage to skin’s epidermal layers. Ouch.
Reported April 2015 – A 2014 Benchmark Survey commissioned by Kao Singapore revealed a surprising find - that only 30% of women between the age of 12 and 49 years old use a sunscreen daily.
Even with the introduction of more sun care products, the number has startlingly remained unchanged.
Are you one of the 30% or 70%?
I fluctuate. (evelyn NO)
With the terrible sweltering sun that we face everyday because there's no such thing as winter in Singapore (don't tell me snow city, that was depressing), it's really crucial that we protect our skin both indoors and outdoors.

It's time to prepare yourselves, ladies and gents, for the sunny days ahead with:
BIORÉ UV AQUA RICH WATERY GEL
Now with the new Biore's aqua rich sunscreen, I can't go anywhere without it! I absolutely love it and I'm definitely bringing this overseas with me since I'm travelling off soon!

Bioré’s enhanced UV Series is your perfect shield against skin woes that could be easily prevented, like sun spots, wrinkles and freckles caused by damaging ultraviolet (UV) rays.
- Superior double UV block with enhanced SPF50+/PA++++
- Maximum protection against harmful UVA and UVB rays from the sun
- Retains its light and watery texture that allows smooth application without a sticky feel
- Infused with hyaluronic acid & citrus extract to keep skin hydrated and fresh
- Suitable for application on face and body
Woah woah - wait a moment! You don't know what SPF or PA is? Okay, before I continue, here's another sciency lesson from Evelyn! (don't ask me to do your biology homework)

Currently, the highest standard of PA protection in the industry is PA++++.
SPF Rating x (no. of minutes for skin to darken under sun) =
No. of minutes skin is protected from UVB rays
Example: SPF50 x 20mins = 1000mins of protection from UVB (equivalent to 16 hours of protection)
A sunscreen with the rating of SPF50 is sufficient coverage, as it blocks up to 98 percent of UVB rays from penetrating into skin. By the way, anything higher than a SPF50 rating compromises on the texture of the sunscreen, making it heavier and greasier when applied to skin.

It's amazing to apply the Aqua rich watery gel onto my skin as it leaves this cool, light feeling - I hate it when sunscreen feels like this heavy extra layer and it makes my already oily skin even more oleaginous. Ugh.
Usually you know how the day goes on and the sunscreen just feels like an extra layer of oil - no one likes that feeling, but with the Biore's Aqua Rich Watery Gel, there's absolutely nothing of that sort! I feel refreshed and light all day long even in the sweltering hot! I love this sunscreen so much, I'm always using it the moment I wake up.
The fact that it doesn't smell like sunscreen (you know how those sunscreens have that standard smell that smells almost musky) and it smells like citrus - a very light smell that doesn't even affect my stupid sensitive nose that cries at anything too strong.

With Bioré’s Aqua Rich Watery Gel, I'm happy to assure you that with Biore's Aqua rich watery gel contains the breakthrough Aqua micro capsule a water capsule which breaks upon application on skin to release the UV protection agent while giving your skin a cool and refreshed feeling!
Unlike most sunscreens that have a higher SPF value which tends to compromise on the product texture, Bioré’s Aqua Rich Watery series retains its lightweight feel and at the same time provide maximum UV protection. The Aqua Rich Watery Gel is also infused with hyaluronic acid and citrus extract to keep skin hydrated and healthy! YAY!
The new Bioré Aqua Rich Watery Gel retails at SGD18.90 for a 90ml bottle, and it's available at all leading pharmacies, super & hyper markets, departmental stores, beauty stores and selected minimarts!
The full range of Bioré’s UV Series enhanced with the PA++++ rating (previously PA +++) are:
1) Bioré Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF50+/PA++++
2) Bioré Whitening Cream SPF50+/PA++++
3) Bioré Perfect Face Milk SPF50+/PA++++
4) Bioré Perfect Milk SPF50+/PA++++
5) Bioré Bright Face Milk SPF50+/PA++++
xoxo
evelyn




0 comments