Sponsored post: Essential Light Finish Volumizing & Deep Cleansing Care

Tis' the season to have bad hair days, falalallalalalalalala

Hello hot weathered forest friends, let us dip into the heat wave of June where even then, Singapore remains a sweltering hot summer sunny island. In this time of insane sun spots, our hair tends to get the worst of the heat, being on our head and all; do you know your hair exhibits mixed behaviour like oily roots and dry ends is known as ‘Combination Hair'? 

Sounds a wee bit like our combination of oily and dry skin, amirite? In order to keep our lovely locks from dying out in this horrible heat + keeping it healthy from years of damage from hair dying or bleach (okay that's me sorry), here's a solution - a rather delightful smelling one at that!

Introducing both Essential Light Finish Volumizing (yellow) and Deep Cleansing Care (blue)


With the optimum combination of Smart Cuticle Care & Sebum Cleansing Technology, you can now achieve moisturized hair ends while maintaining a refreshed breathable scalp!

For people with combination hair (LIKE ME), we might use two shampoos to target the two problems:

  1. light, clarifying shampoos target oily roots but cause hair ends to be dry OR
  2. rich moisturizing shampoos target the dry ends but may be too rich for the scalp, resulting in build-up that makes the scalp oily. 


CRIES. My hair tends to get real oily real quick as well as getting massively dry for no reason at all - like my personality, it's a combination of oily and dry and I've been trying to figure out which kind of shampoo actually works for me without drying out my hair too much OR making it too oily.

Thankfully, essential is here to save the day!

I have this HUGE problem with my fringe going all oily and clumping very sadly whenever I walk out and the sun waves hit me and it just makes my entire day a bad hair day - so I decided to give the deep cleansing cure; the blue one, a go.


The deep cleasing Care is more suited for people with oily scalp and dry hair ends; leaving your head oil free and moisturised at the same time!

It's lovely lovely scent that's basically the core of any essentials product has got me hooked, the shampoo lathers very nicely and it really does keep my hair moisturised at the ends - I'm not too sure about the fringe clumping problem though, I've yet to observe that after a week of usage.

However, this shampoo and conditioner combination has proved to be extremely useful - I've noticed the lack of oil (though my head still has a bit) but it really has done well in moisturising my ends and tips - making my hair look amazingly flourishing - have I mentioned how lovely this smells? My hair has gone for a "meh really dry" to a "wow did you do something to you hair today?"


MY verdict here? 8/10

I'll get back to you when I've used it after a week to fix my fringe issue.


BUT WAIT! 

Knowing my lovely mother has the worst limp flat hair (in which she complains about non stop) I've decided to reel her review in for Essential's Light finish volumizing shampoo and conditioner!


The light finish volumizing is more suited for people with flat limp hair and dry hair ends - leaving your lifeless hair airy and fluffy light whilst moisturising your dry ends!


Brittle frizzy hair after years of torture (mom:excuse you?), my mom's flat limp hair has transformed into a luscious fluffy lump that is definitely more mosturised and the texture of it just feel smooth to touch. (like me, swings hair around)

Once again, Essential has proven that it's shampoo just smells like it was sent from the gods, also keeping on par with helping to keep our hair smooth and fuzz-free! 

MY MOM'S VERDICT: 9/10


Alongside with these amazing product, comes another little incredible item that I thought I would probably have never used.


A massage shampoo brush is a common haircare tool in Japan and is used by the majority of Japanese women to help remove dirt and sebum more efectively from the scalp. I LOVE how the massage shampoo brush cleans the buildup of sebum and whatnot on your scalp, at the same time giving you a lovely head massage, aiding in blood circulation and promotes hair growth!

Now you can have a scalp massage without going to the salon!  

For a limited time only, Essential is also giving out a massage shampoo brush with purchase of shampoo and conditioner so what are you waiting for?!! Retailing at all leading supermarkets from mid-May 2015 (which is now)!!

Essential Shampoo 750ml + Conditioner 750ml with free Massage Shampoo Brush in hot pink or mint green available for $19.60!


Ready to give a free sample test? Get your free samples of Essential's Deep cleansing Care shampoo/conditioner here!

Tried it before? Let me know about how Essential's products have helped save your hair disasters and don'ts! Till then, thanks for reading!


xoxo
evelyn

You Might Also Like

0 comments