Strictly Pancakes ride!

Hello everyone!

Going to do a quick little blog post of my cycling adventure even though I did not even touch the damn pedals or use any sort of energy to move and basically am the useless backseat cyclist who just points out weird things and go "holy shit" when the bike is about to smash into something. Thank you Samuel for cycling a fat cat all the way to Bedok and back.

So this evening after days of bad period and bad cough (two different separate people with separate problems) we decided to head down to Strictly Pancakes, located at Upper East Coast road near the one siglap community centre and the place that I used to live at. It was an impromptu idea and you know how I am with impromptu ideas - mostly lost.

We've been to strictly pancakes a few times but all the times that we have travelled there, we travelled by bus or by taxi. Today, with a sudden spur of idea, Sam had decided to cycle there because I remembered a park connector being close by and since it's Bedok, I'm pretty sure we could handle ourselves for a little cycle trip.

Managed to navigate only with the help of google maps because yours truly can't figure out where the place is because she only memorizes certain roads that led us three big rounds around the area only to give up and get google maps - just to save my pride, I managed to led us close, we just made the wrong turn because sometimes intuition isn't there for you. Thankfully, the traffic was on our side, so was the lovely windy weather making it very convenient for us to cycle.

Reached Strictly Pancakes at about 6:30pm and left the house at 5:10pm ish. Well, I would say a good job well done considering we are not the best navigators and had absolutely no idea whether the route was cycleable or not but we managed to pull it through! Well done Sam! You made it carrying a fat cat behind you!


After the 1 hour plus cycle, son, we were thirsty and hungry as hell. Strictly pancakes, here we are! Initially I was afraid that the place would be crowded, considering the fact that it IS a Friday evening dinner time, but we were pleasantly surprised at the lack of crowd! What else pairs up with good food? A quaint lovely quiet ambience!


ANyone who is EVeryONE WHO HAS BEEN TO STRICTLY PANCAKES SHOULD KNOW HOW DAMN AWESOME THEIR PANCAKES ARE. I can rave about it forever but you should go try it yourself. The pancakes are very soft and fluffy and the bloody maple syrup plus the combination of butters (you can actually pick) makes it a very delicious treat.

Also the fact that as I was looking at the menu, something else caught my eye.



Good ambience, good food PLUS FREE WORKING WIFI? Hello, you have got me hooked and sold. Thank you strictly pancakes, you may now take my soul. I make myself sound like some uncultured swine that stares at her phone all damn day long but I assure you, I only do that when I'm in situations I don't like.

Let's take a good old look at the menu!


As you can see there are four different sections for you to pick from! The stacks, savoury, sweet and others - pretty obvious right you already know what it's about. Before you ask, YES this is STRICTLY PANCAKES, the mains are mostly pancakes. If you are not a fan of pancakes (in which i gasp in horror at) then this is not your place, go away.

THE STACK!
aka DO IT YOURSELF PANCAKES!

This is basically what I order all the time because: do it yourself pancakes with mix and matching sides? WHY NOT!? Plus it is cheaper if you don't eat much like me. lol. What you do is basically select your stack size, your favourite butter (mine is rum & raisin, no im not an alcoholic) and pick your sides which only costs $2.50 each! You can choose from bacon to sautéed mushrooms to omelettes! Quite cool right?


If you feel stuck to pick all that sides and just want something savoury prepared, have no fear!
SAVOURY PANCAKES ARE HERE!

From their famous garlic buttered prawns to their meaty sunny porker, they have all kinds of savoury goodness for you to decide on! Not to mention the sides they have a killer nice, such as the beef skewer's salsa or the garlic butter prawns that just tastes heavenly! Mmmmm. Usually I'd skip the savoury because 90% of the time I rather make my own pancake but today it's different.

After all that cycling (shut up evelyn, you didn't cycle for shit) I felt I needed something to boost my loss of everything thanks to periods so I picked "The sunny porker" ($13) for dinner! Bacon+sausage pancakes with CHEESY eggs and a side of veg? Count me in! It's everything I want and more.


SWEET TOOTHS BE NOT AFRAID!
THERE IS THE SWEETS SECTION FOR ALL SUGAR CRAZIES.

At the top of the menu, you can already see that their chocolate pancake chaos is called THE DRUGGIE. If you want to get a sweet sugar high, this section is for you. I didn't feel for sweets today so I had to pass not even reading the menu BUT I SHOULD HAVE BECAUSE, RED VELVET PANCAKES.

Red velvet pancakes with vanilla cream. 

WHY DID I MISS THAT?! (not that I can eat anything cold today)

Look at that range of menu choices, I mean tiramisu to what-a-spread for all you sugarholics! Bacon nutella and basically the chocolate drug pancakes. If you want to sweeten up your day, these are your picks. Please taste the red velvet pancake and tell me whether it is nice or not, I really need to know like really badly lol.


FINALLY drinks and etc

Their hot chocolate and teas are good, I remember trying them before! BUT HERE'S FOR THOSE WHO CAME NOT FOR THE PANCAKES (like why even), there are sandwiches and finger foods but seriously why are you buying those because it's strictly pancakes.

Strictly.

Decided to go for savoury because I need some bacon in mai life, and Sam went for the salmon because he likes salmon.  Ordered up and waited for the goodness of pancakes to fall into our mouths! For every order, we can choose our types of butter (salted, unsalted, rum & raisin and herbs) so I ordered my usual and Sam got herbs because that basically shows you what kind of people we are in real life.


Look at my handsome boyfriend.


Within minutes, we got our maple syrup and butter! Woop woop! I smell rum & raisin!


Rum & raisin on the left and Herb and butter on the right.


Wow remember when I said I wasn't an uncultured swine using her phone 24/7? This picture really does me no justice.


A bit of waiting and our food came!


Bacon pancakes and sausage pancakes with sunny side up cheese egg paired along with sauteed vegs topped with black pepper! ($13.00) Wow the veg is damn good by the way, tastes heavenly! The pancakes were super fluffy and filled with bacon in every bite! YUMS! The entire set is basically heaven alongside the rum & raisin butter spread with maple syrup. You'll not want to miss this out.


Sam's salmon run set! ($15.00) 3 stacks with lemonly seasoned spinach leaves and sour cream plus dill on top the raw salmon! What you would call a salty sashimi pancake meal! Goes super well with the sour cream that is graciously topped! If you put the yolk (of my set) salmon, leaves and pancakes together, you'll a very savoury soft, chewy warm taste in your mouth!

A very fulfilling meal indeed! We headed out after a good dinner to cycle home but of course, exploration is always valid in our books so instead of cycling home straight, we took a little path down siglap linear park and cycled around the quiet neighbourhood!


Almost got lost but managed to make our way back home and all I can say is that THE ENTIRE EVENING WAS VERY WELL SPENT! I didn't cycle much because I'm an assfart who decided to take backseat because I'm on my period okay, let's not go into detail.

Thank you so much Sam for bringing a fat cat out and cycling her everywhere, I know you must be really tired but I hope the windy weather and new sights did something nice for you! I had a shit load of fun let's do it again sometime!


Thank you readers as well for always tuning into my blog! I haven't forgotten you all as well - but for now, I'll see you soon.

xoxo
evelyn

You Might Also Like

0 comments