NIKS MAPLE CLINIC

I'm sharing this because I want to take note for my own self recording as well as maybe helping those out there who suffer from the woes like me. I gotta be honest, looking at the mirror today and just taking a good whole look at all these scars and red dry patches on my face, I'm glad I have people who love me for who I am inside.

Thank you so much for not judging me.




If you guys know, this blog's most popular post (most embarrassing one tbh) happens to be this:

http://little-redcap.blogspot.sg/2011/01/dermedex-my-total-damn-life-saver.html

3 years ago I looked like this:



Long story short, I AM suffering from acne (thankfully it's not so severe but moderately better now) for about 6 years of my life. I had a break through through year one of poly but that lasted me for about 5-6 months tops before the real demons started to emerge amongst my face and up till now it's still there; now with the introduction of super dry itchy red patches

I know it's not like it's super big and red and gross but it's everywhere on my face and as confident as I try to be, some days I just want to lay down and try not to cry. In my opinion, it's honestly quite bad judging by all these pores on my used to be clean clear face and I'm disappointed with no matter how much products I use, these pimples just won't go away.

I used to go for facials done by a beautician friend but only realized that it had started to cause a new problem on me: scarring. lots and lotsa scarring

Recently I've found myself just feeling very distressed about my face. I'm not one to care about outer beauty because I don't give two freak facks about what you look like. if you are kind and nice you can be a two headed hippo duck and I won't even bat an eyelid. It's all about inner beauty they say but honestly do people really do that? I've seen people judging me automatically with that stare or that glance as if I've done something criminally wrong.

To those who have made fun of me or anyone else with acne problems: get a suitcase and a plane and get the fuck out of this world because we don't need assholes like you here. You think we want this to happen? My entire family has clear complexions but I'm the only one with the problem;hooray me. It's my life dream to have a clear face; I don't want to look pretty, I just want my confidence back and having acne really drains it out.

Screw the judgemental insults.

It's not funny to point out either, I know I have it; I'm not shy - I can be the most sociable fucker out there but I am afraid. And I'm so done hating myself because of this problem and I've decided to finally do something about it.

I found NIKS maple clinic a few months back but I was very reluctant to go because I was afraid of the price and products and some reviews weren't all good. Constantly comparing my facials for NIKS and in the end I went for my facials instead.

Alas, facials weren't working.

After horror of realizations, I decided to finally take my own word and actually GO to NIKS maple clinic because I was all say and no do; facials weren't working, products weren't doing any good; period was causing the bout of pimples to explode miraculously on my face for some reason plus this dry season patch on my cheeks weren't making me any happier.

I was still reluctant this morning to go because I was afraid.

Was this the best clinic to go to? Leap of faith just because? What if my face bloats up and I die instead? I don't even know if I have any weird skin allergy. My parents weren't keen on me going to because they wanted me to go "natural" and just let it grow out. I wasn't going to let it happen because the last time I did, well, just look at me 3 years ago.

I went away. NIKS Maple clinic at Tampines since Dr Ong was there on Mondays. I reached at about 8:20am and damn the queue was long as shit. Even on a weekday and even before the clinic opened up there was a snaking long queue. Opening the gates at 8:30am, I found myself having the queue number 21 and guffawed in shock - I had heard about the crazy waits so I was guessing it was going to lead me to a night time check up instead.

8:45am decided to get breakfast with the boy because he came all the way to accompany me, guessing the little butt didn't eat so we had breakfast till about 9:30am only to come back to the clinic and realise the horror of the queue number at 2.

We decided to not wait there because really, I had a feeling it was going to take a while. (in the meantime i was still very reluctant to the point i almost wanted to not go at all "next week maybe" i said)

At about 1:35pm, whilst I was chilling I got a call that I had missed my queue number. The counter staff were friendly and nice fortunately so they told me to gently come over but I had to wait for 3 more patients.

After an another wait inside the clinic itself it was my turn to go in.

I told Dr Ong about the problems I had and how I had facials and even brought in products that I was using to show her. She shook her head telling me that all the products weren't going to help because of all the chemicals and how they were moistly water based instead of cream/oil based which wasn't good for my skin.

As i suspected, the facials had caused harm on my face and Dr Ong had sternly told me that my beautician wasn't that accurate on her diagnosis on my face and I should listen to a dermatologist instead of a beautician: all that extraction was causing scars on my face and turning it tomato red.

She seemed very experienced in her own diagnosis and prescribed to me a few products that have been widely raved by patient bloggers who have gone to see her and reviewed her on their blogs (I know, I've read a lot) and of course it wasn't going to stop immediately, but to prevent and though it might take a few years because it's really depending on my hormones at least there is a prevention of it.

She requested a visit from me again after 3 weeks to check on me and I was done.

Horror for the damage payable which I was honestly quite scared about since I've seen people pay about $200-$300 for everything. I'm not a working adult so I really was terrified about the price lol. Thankfully (though still exp because maybe Im cheap) beauty doesn't come with a price but I guess you could say it was reasonable even though the products were smallish sized.




First up I was given the milk cleasing lotion. Dr Ong said it was more of a moisturising cleanser that wouldn't leave my cheeks too tight or dry.

Next was the golden lipid for my eyes and whole face, an extra moisturiser for my dry dry skin.

Then the Aroma Acne Cream gel. Bascially a cooling gel to get rid of the redness and prevent any more of those annoying pores.

Clinda gel was next, topical anti-biotic to apply instead of oral pills.

Next, Skin repair cream (one of the most raved) a moisturiser and yeah as the name suggests, skin repair.

And finally the most heard of Stieva A 0.01%, the supposedly good cream that does wonders to acne prone users.

Damage: $158 including tax gst and consultation


More pictures next week or when I actually see improvement (or when I'm not so lazy)


I was impressed by Dr Ong but I can't judge per say. I have not seen anything happen to my skin so all I can do now is cross my fingers and hopes for the best. Sadly, I feel awfully cheated by my beautician who I've been seeing for over 3 years now and who has provided me with security of my skin being clear. $80 per month is not funny guys, it's draining on money and I really hope this clinic does wonders for me.

I just applied the night routine and honestly my face is so oily and sticky right now I can't tank lol (i really cant stand oily face so i wash all the time and make sure it's all dry) but im just going to preserve! People who have seen Dr Ong said for the products to work I had to do the regime properly and meticulously every day so I guess I'm going to have to make it work for myself!

Here's to 3 weeks of hardwork and routine. Let's do this and hope for the best.

And I can't thank Samuel enough for everything he has done for me, goodness sake man, you're a life safer and I love you! Thank you for standing by my side through storms and for always giving me good advice, you're the bestest bestest awesomest (im breaking english for you) doge in the world!

And even though my parents don't seem too keen on everything, I still thank them for being the help I need and being there for monetary needs (cries im so sorry i really dont want them to pay) and also telling me they love me the way I am even though i happen to be a little shit

and now sticky faced evelyn  says goodnight





You Might Also Like

11 comments