Shanghai trip day 1

Okay. Sooooooooooooooooo i have been dragging this shit for like weeks now. So dapperly sorry, i was busy with my really dramatic life. Ahem. Right, so this is my epic really-not-as-interesting-as-i-expected Shanghai trip. I mean, first off, i thought i was gonna bring back 3 huge bags to Singapore. Instead i brought back one. Empty and tiny.

Yeah, but whatevs. I did have fun though, and thats what counts, AMIRITE? :D okay, so going post this shit and resume my extremely mad drawing spree of canniblaine and serial kurt.

Funny thing is i don't have a lot of pictures. -le gasp- YEAH unbelievable right? don't worry, you'll soon know why. Anyway, this is only day 1, cause i have a lot of shit to talk about. Day 2, 3 and 4 will follow soon up.

Aaaaaand here we go again~










23rd March 2011


Woke up at 5am. YES, YOU HEARD ME. 5am in the MORNING. SAY WHAT? I awoke, almost woke Jed up and chionged to the bathroom. My house became an inn all of a sudden cause there were liek many people in  mai housie and jed was forced to sleep in my room. And if i didn't want to wait to use the bathroom, i had to go in first.

I woke my mom up, who complained like "Whut are ewe doin shou earli in da morning?" and i was all "BAMF." Yeah, im too awesome. Bathed, changed, did a crap load of facial washing and turned on to skype with twinnie. She was waiting to say goodbye to me! Aw, how lovely.



Teh girl has extra peacock hair and paleness in the morning. 



But #Won't deny. Shes awesomely BAMF too to wait for me at 5am. We chatted until about 6 plus before finally going off! Aw, i swore i almost cried! But i didn't. so there.

And for the first time in my life, i fetched my brother to school. We made each other laugh all the way before we hugged goodbye- amazingly i didn't punch or kick him, and i promised to buy him some shit from shanghai and he promised not to laugh too hard in class. Ran all the way back home and quickly repacked mai shit.


**********************************************************************************



Me, Momma, Albert jiu jiu and Aunty Evelyn (WOW yeah you didnt know!) took a cabbie to the airport at around 7 plus. We met Alex jiu jiu, Ee Ee, Aunty Judy, Aunt Zen and family there and went for a little light breakfast.

-side track for a while- My Aunt Judy didn't know that Albert Jiu jiu was coming to shanghai with us at that time, so she thought he was at the airport to send them off.- hehehe.

After we checked in and all that, my mom went to visit old friends, and Albert jiu jiu so called "went home" and i followed Ee Ee and the rest to buy wine from the duty free shops. I had my eyes on the wine, but alas, me is underage! damn the age restrictions. They bought their wine, met Uncle Danny and mom before rushing off to the airplane.

We got the china freaking airlines, no offence but the AIRPLANE IS BULLSHIT. I know, cheap flight, whatevers, but REALLY. NO TV? SMELLS LIKE SOMEONE DIED? AND LIKE BO AIRCON ONE? Hello, next time, i take SQ flight. SO OTL i almost died in there.

So we were seated, and poor aunt Eve got stuck with an old geezer who smelt like smelly tofu, - she almost fainted.

At this time, Aunt Judy still didn't know my Albert Jiu jiu was in the plane with her ( THE SEAT IN FRONT OF HER) , he was pretending to read a newspaper, so it covered his face. Until my Ee Ee couldn't tahan anymore and revealed that my jiu jiu was indeed here.

I swear Aunt judy began smashing the lousy shanghai airlines pillows at everyone. Well, everyone knew that Albert jiu jiu was coming except her.

There was a slight delay before we took off. I had a huge problem with the plane. Lol, i mean its old and i got the window seat and i kept wondering what would happen if the wing broke all of a sudden.

And my mom was beside me, going all "WEEEE! TURBULENCE!" while i sank lower and lower into the seat.



After a while, i finally got the hang of it albeit, screaming at every turbulence that happened, and managed to snap a shot of teh awesum sky.


The clouds look so much like cotton candy. I swore i almost died at the breathtaking view.


Me and momma. 




After a while, after unblocking my ears and all that shit, lunch came. It was either beef rice or chicken, and obvious i picked the chicken. Like all airplane food, it tasted lol strange. Wont say its not nice, cause i did enjoy it. The bread was so hard like stone man ._____. Aunty Judy threatened to throw it at us . the salad was ok and the rice was so-so. The only thing i enjoyed was the butter. LOL.







So after lunch, everyone went to sleep except me. I had my itouch and my camera phone. So duh. Picture time.


I'm actually amazed i looked so calm in all these pictures when my brain was going "OMGIMGOINGTODIEIDONTWANTTODIEHELPMOM" the turbulence was beyond freaky deaky.


And it was around 4 plus, almost 5 before we touched down on the Pudong airport. It was 12 degrees outside but in the airplane it felt like 50. im exaggerating. not.

OTL,  the airplane so hot, i was just wearing a thin shirt and short skirt with thin stocking and almost dying of heat stroke.


As you can see, my daily slytherin wear.

And remember me, the girl who said "NAH. 12 degrees? I can take it. I mean, its like air-con one what, no difference, i'll be fine wearing thin clothing and what not." and was like so ready to feel the blast of 12 degrees and be all like "Chey! not cold one."

Well that girl, stepped into the airport and froze to death.

Not exactly, okay fine. I didn't freeze to death. And the first thing that exited out of my mouth was "Shit."

 So Shanghai! My first every greeting to you is "Shit." 

I miscalculated the temperature drastically. I mean, wtfish. I was all HOLYMOLEYMOM. And i grabbed my long sleeve shirt, and my jacket, and my gloves and my hat. And wore it. Thank goodness i still looked mega awesome.

We checked out and collected our bags. Met Aunty Zen's Kuku, who apparently, became my kuku, i did't want to call her ku po, cause she looks so freaking young and she is like i donno, older than my mom?! Shes so pretty and all that. And i totally clicked with her cause she likes to zi lian and all that too. ahem.

She hired a tour bus for us and we got on and drove to the hotel we were gonna stay in for the next four days.  I was almost dying of cold at that very moment, but i didn't really show so when i was asked, "Honey are you cold?" I was all like. "Oh hell to the naw. BAMF." when i was about to explode of coldness, if thats even possible.

After we checked into the hotel, we placed our bags and went to Kuku's place which was beside our hotel. It was like a really cool apartment. And the best part? ...


Her awesum doggie Dwarf.

When we reached the apartment door, which opened, he rushed out to greet us all.

Hes so uberly cute! And he know how to sha jiao! I mega glomped him at the sight and began playing with him. And I whined when my mom said we were going out for dinner. Said byebye to doggie love and went for dinner with kuku and her husband.

We were once again seated on the bus, it was like 6? or 7, and the sky was olredi daark and black. Went to the restaurant where we met Kuku's husband, in a private room ( did i mention they were mad rich?) and greeted. Was told by my mom that we were going to eat traditional Shanghai delicacies.


Aunty Zen, Aunty Judy and aunt Eve.

Of course. I had a bad gut feeling i wasn't going to eat anyshit. And i was right. So very right. I wont explain further. I just ate so im not going to try to make myself puke. One fact thou. Their delicacies involved meat, lamb meat, mutton, beef meat , meat, meat, .. you get what i mean. It also involved animals. Not like fried chicken. 


Not my plate. FYI. See that lump of meat at the corner? My plate didn't have anything except for a small amount of vegetables and the occasionally fish dipped in wine. And thats no chicken. Thats a damn magpie. A skeleton with meat and shit and all that still on it. A SKULL. WITH EYES.  This is my Ee Ee's plate. BTW.

Even the small prawns they had, still had eyes on it. I didn't even eat it. I told my mom i couldn't eat a prawn that was going to judge me with those tiny dead cold eyes.

So i didn't eat.

Much.

At all.


After dinner, thank goodness, we went off.


Group shot excluding the two evelyns. how ironic. Albert J, Alex J, Ee Ee, A Judy, Kuku ( SO FASHIONABLE) , momma and A. Zen.

Toured the night time around Shanghai. I saw an awesome GAP store but we didn't go there. Aw D: , i could've done a warbler's solo gap attack.





Then we went back to the hotel, said bye to kuku before going off to massage our feet. At first i didn't want to go. But i didn't want to stay alone in the hotel so i went with them.

I have this problem of people touching my feet. No sorry duh.

 My hair dies in cold weather.


And it was frezing outside at night. SO COLD THAT SMOKE WAS COMING OUT FROM MY MOUTH! WTFSGLKGXKJZGXKZ.

Went to massage our feet before going off to eat a midnight snack. 

It was like 1am plus already and i was hyper. And my mom was like you must be mad, hyper at this kind of hour. I told her i was a creature of the night. And also admitted i dont sleep until 4am in the mornings all the time. She told me to get a night time job next time.

HAH. 

After our lovely snack - i love nomnoms at night. We trekked back to the hotel and i threatened to kill anyone who stood in my way bathing in the toilet at night. 

And that sort of ends my first day in Shanghai.


**********************************************************************************

SO yeah. I'll post day 2 somewhere either tomorrow or next mon ? 


And heres a picture of Canniblaine and serial killer kurt because im awesome.







Kthxbai !

Xoxo evelynn

You Might Also Like

0 comments